A Gift to My Brother 給哥哥的禮物

[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2017-11-3 03:56:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Since I found a brother in October, I had always been thinking that I should give him a gift. When I learned that Shen Yun Calendar for 2018 was available, I knew I had found a perfect one.

自打在十月份認了個哥哥後,就一直想著得送他點什麼。當我得知神韻2018年日曆開始發售後,我知道這就是最好的禮物。

So, today, I went to the post office to send the calendar to him. It turned out that the calendar was too big for all  the  envelopes in the post office. I purposely chose the big size wall calendar from him as I knew he had a big family. A bigger size one hung on the wall can be appreciated by everybody in the family; whilst a desk calendar is more suitable for one person only.

於是我今天到郵局去寄這份禮物。沒想到,掛歷的尺寸太大,郵局裏居然沒有那麼大的包裝袋或信封賣。神韻日曆有掛歷和臺歷兩種,我特意選了掛歷給他,因爲他家人多,掛歷大,掛在牆上,這樣一家人都能欣賞到。

The front of the package of  Shen Yun Performance -- 2018 Wall Calendar.2018年神韻掛歷包裝袋正面。

I was a little bit at loss as to what to do. The lady in the post office suggested that I go to another bigger post office to try my luck. I walked out, and somehow found a small shop nearby. I walked inside, showed my big calendar to the staff, and asked him if they had a big enough envelope for it.

可沒有那麼大信封怎麼辦呢?郵局工作人員好心地告訴我,到附近另一個大一點的郵局去看看? 我只好走出來,不知怎麼看到邊上有個賣雜貨的小商店,就信步走進去,舉起手裏的掛曆問:「你們這裏有這麼大信封賣嗎?」

The back of the package of  Shen Yun Performance -- 2018 Wall Calendar. 2018年神韻掛歷包裝袋背面。

And he said yes! So I happily bought the biggest one in the shop (16.5"X 20", or 42cm X 50.8 cm) , and went back to the post office. The lady felt happy for me too. After she weighing the whole package, she asked, "The postage will be $22.25, is that OK?"

看那個店很小,且裏面亂糟糟的,我本來沒存什麼希望的,沒想店員居然說有!於是我立即走到貨架區去找,還真找到了,最大的信封有16.5"X 20"(42cm X 50.8 cm)大,足夠裝下了。

於是我立即買下並回到郵局。工作人員也替我高興。她把整個包裝放到秤上稱重後,有些擔憂地問我:「郵費要$22.25,行嗎?」

I knew she was a little bit worried that this price could be too high for me. The calendar is sold for $20; and she knew the price since I had to fill in a form with the value of the item filled in. She might feel that it was a little bit absurd to spend more on the postage than on the item itself.

因爲寄國際郵包要填報關表,表上要填物品價值,所以她已經知道這份日曆價值是$20。也許她覺得寄費比東西還貴,我會不會覺得有點荒唐而不想寄了?

I was lucky enough to have found a big enough envelope for theShen Yun Performance -- 2018 Wall Calendar. 運氣好,終於買到了足夠大的信封來裝神韻掛歷。

I said without hesitation, "Yes!Shen Yunis priceless. I am a big fan. I watch it every year. I decorate my house with pictures from  Shen Yun Calendar. Have you heard about it?"

我立刻說:「沒關係。神韻是無價的。我是鐵杆粉絲,每年都看。我還把去年的神韻日曆一頁頁剪開,把她們裝在畫框裏,當作一幅幅的畫來裝飾所有房間呢!你聽說過神韻嗎?」

She said she had seen the promotions; and I told her that she definitely should consider going this year, it will be inLincoln Centerin January!

她說她看過广告,我告訴她,一月份林肯中心就又要演了,一定要去看哦!

She happily agreed and finished processing my package. And I am feeling extremely wonderful when imagining how the calendar would shine for an entire year in my dear brother's house and bring beauty, blessings and happiness to his whole family!

她笑著說好,並處理完了我的郵件。我走出郵局,想著神韻日曆將在哥哥家閃耀一整年,爲他家帶來美麗、美好和福祉,心情真是大好!

Cover of Shen Yun Performance -- 2018 Wall Calendar.神韻2018年掛曆封面。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 21:14

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表