主题

回帖

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2008-3-29 12:09:25 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 作者:图图大主教

关于西藏和中国的声明

我希望在西藏人民历史上的这个重要时刻,表达我对他们的支持。对于我亲爱的朋友,神圣的达赖喇嘛,我要说:我和你站在一起。你固守非暴力,悲悯和仁慈。当我在做复活节的静修的时候,最近的悲惨事件正在西藏展开。于是我知道中国指责是你引发了暴力行为。显然中国并不了解你,但他们是应该了解你的。我呼吁中国政府去了解神圣的达赖喇嘛,就像那么多的人从他数十年的流亡中已经达到的了解那样。倾听他的关于保持克制和平静以及停止针对僧人、信徒等平民进一步暴力侵害的恳求。

我敦促中国与达赖喇嘛这位和平领袖进入实质性的和有意义的对话。中国以其独特的地位改变和影响着我们的世界。中国的领导人无疑是知道这一点的,否则他们就不会谋求举奥运会。杀戮、监禁和折磨并不是体育运动:无辜者必须释放,并给予自由和公正的裁决。

我呼吁联合国人权事务高级专员,我尊敬的朋友阿博尔,访问西藏并被提供方便去进行评估,并且为这一致使全世界呼求正义的事件向国际社会提出报告。高级专员应该被允许由记者和其他观察员伴随其行程,他们可以说出真话以保证一个有力和高水准的公正讨论平台,从而使这个历史的插曲——数十年的斗争,能够获得和平的解决。这将不仅有助于西藏,它也将有助于中国。

而为即将到来的奥运会准备接纳世界的中国,需要确保世界的眼睛能够看到中国已经发生变化,看到中国在国际全球事务中愿意做一个负责任的伙伴。最后,中国必须停止贬低、责难,并以语言侮辱这样一个人:他以自己的一生致力于非暴力,这就是诺贝尔和平奖得主,神圣的达赖喇嘛。

Statement on Tibet and China

I wish to express my solidarity with the people of Tibet during this critical time in their history. To my dear friend His Holiness the Dalai Lama, let me say: I stand with you. You define non-violence and compassion and goodness. I was in an Easter retreat when the recent tragic events unfolded in Tibet. I learned that China has stated you caused violence. Clearly China does not know you, but they should. I call on China's government to know His Holiness the Dalai Lama, as so many have come to know, during these long decades years in exile. Listen to His Holiness' pleas for restraint and calm and no further violence against this civilian population of monastics and lay people.

I urge China to enter into a substantive and meaningful dialogue with this man of peace, the Dalai Lama. China is uniquely positioned to impact and affect our world. Certainly the leaders of China know this or they would not have bid for the Olympics. Killing, imprisonment and torture are not a sport: the innocents must be released and given free and fair trials.

I urge my esteemed friend Louise Arbour, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights to visit Tibet and be given access to assess, and report to the international community, the events which led to this international outcry for justice. The High Commissioner should be allowed to travel with journalists, and other observers, who may speak truth to power and level the playing field so that, indeed, this episode -- these decades of struggle -- may attain a peaceful resolution. This will help not only Tibet. It will help China.

And China, poised to receive the world during the forthcoming Olympic Games needs to make sure the eyes of the world will see that China has changed, that China is willing to be a responsible partner in international global affairs. Finally, China must stop naming, blaming and verbally abusing one whose life has been devoted to non violence, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, a Nobel peace laureate.

Please e-mail On Faith if you'd like to receive an email notification when On Faith sends out a new question.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 00:56

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表