xianfei 发表于 2008-2-11 04:10:51

你可以天天说英语-Cast Pearls before Swine

对 话

Tina:I can't believe you took me to that dance
performance. It was terrible.

蒂娜:真不敢相信你竟然会带我去看那场舞蹈表演。难看死了。

Dave:Are you serious? That dance has been
described as brilliant. Beautiful. A masterpiece.

戴夫:你是认真的吗?大家都说那出舞作非常出色、优美,堪称经典耶。

Tina:You forgot one more description:
boring.

蒂娜:你忘了还有一个形容词:无聊。

Dave:I guess I was casting pearls before swine.
You just don't appreciate good performance.

戴夫:我想我一定是在对牛弹琴吧。你根本不懂得欣赏有水准的表演。

Tina:Yes, I do!

蒂娜:我当然懂!

Dave:Oh, yeah? Like what?

戴夫:噢,是吗?像是什么?

Tina:Well... I thought that the thing on TV with
the cat jumping into the car was pretty good.

蒂娜:嗯?我觉得电视上那个有只猫跳进一部车的玩意儿蛮不赖的。

Dave:That was just a commercial!

戴夫:拜托,那只是支广告!

Tina:I thought it was brilliant. Beautiful. A
masterpiece.

蒂娜:我觉得它非常出色、优美,堪称经典之作。

[多学一点点]

★Performance n. 表演

★describe A as B 将 A 描述作 B

例:The chef's new dish has been described
as the taste from heaven?(这名厨师的新菜式被喻为"天堂的滋味"。)
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 你可以天天说英语-Cast Pearls before Swine