|
对 话
Tina:I can't believe you took me to that dance
performance. It was terrible.
蒂娜:真不敢相信你竟然会带我去看那场舞蹈表演。难看死了。
Dave:Are you serious? That dance has been
described as brilliant. Beautiful. A masterpiece.
戴夫:你是认真的吗?大家都说那出舞作非常出色、优美,堪称经典耶。
Tina:You forgot one more description:
boring.
蒂娜:你忘了还有一个形容词:无聊。
Dave:I guess I was casting pearls before swine.
You just don't appreciate good performance.
戴夫:我想我一定是在对牛弹琴吧。你根本不懂得欣赏有水准的表演。
Tina:Yes, I do!
蒂娜:我当然懂!
Dave:Oh, yeah? Like what?
戴夫:噢,是吗?像是什么?
Tina:Well... I thought that the thing on TV with
the cat jumping into the car was pretty good.
蒂娜:嗯?我觉得电视上那个有只猫跳进一部车的玩意儿蛮不赖的。
Dave:That was just a commercial!
戴夫:拜托,那只是支广告!
Tina:I thought it was brilliant. Beautiful. A
masterpiece.
蒂娜:我觉得它非常出色、优美,堪称经典之作。
[多学一点点]
★Performance n. 表演
★describe A as B 将 A 描述作 B
例:The chef's new dish has been described
as the taste from heaven?(这名厨师的新菜式被喻为"天堂的滋味"。) |
|