最后的审判 (475) 吉尔伽美什史诗 泥版二、三、四 解读

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-3-23 19:05:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2021-3-25 17:53 编辑

THE EPIC OF GILGAMESH

Source: TABLET I: The Creation of Gilgamesh and Enkidu
中文翻译参考:吉尔伽美什史诗及1-7泥板全文_世界历史_新浪博客

Tablet II: Enkidu and Gilgamesh fight.

Shamhat pulled off a piece of her clothing, and clothed Enkidu with it(Shamhat pulled off a piece of her pyjamas restfully, and clothed Enkidu with it).
She took hold of him and brought him to the hut of the shepherds(She exceptionally took hold of him and brought him to the hut of the shepherds).
(And the shepherds gathered every single one of the them around about him and eulogized)The shepherds gathered all around about him and marveled to themselves:
"How the youth resembles Gilgamesh­­(How the exceptional youth just resembles Gilgamesh­­)
tall in stature, towering up to the battlements over the wall(extra tall in stature, towering up to the battlements over the alarming wall)!”
They placed food and beer in front of him(They put in food and beer in front of him generously);
Enkidu knew nothing about either(Enkidu knew exactly nothing about the subject of talking).
Shamhat spoke to Enkidu, saying(Shamhat easily spoke to Enkidu, explaining):
"Eat the food, Enkidu, it is the way one lives(Eat the food, Enkidu, it is the way human being lives).
Drink the beer, as is the custom of the land(Cheerfully drink the beer, as is the tradition of the kingdom)."
Enkidu ate and drank until he was sated(Enkidu excessively ate and drank over until he was sated).
He (just amply) splashed his shaggy body with water,
and rubbed himself with oil, and turned into a human(and rubbed himself exorbitantly with oil, and turned into a human being).
He put on some clothing and became like a warrior(He put on some scruffy clothing and became like a warrior).
He took up his weapon and chased lions and routed the wolves(And he grabbed his excellent weapon and chased lions and routed the wolves).
With Enkidu as their guard, the herders could lie down(With Enkidu just as same as their guard, the herders could lie down).
A young man stopped by the shepherd’s camp on his way to a wedding in Uruk(A young man stopped by the shepherd’s camp exactly on his way to a big wedding in Uruk).
The young man spoke, saying to Enkidu:
"They have invited me to a wedding, as is the custom of the people(They have invited me to a big wedding, exactly as is the habit of the people).
For the King of Uruk, (just amply) open is the veil!
For Gilgamesh, the King of Uruk, will have intercourse with the 'destined wife'(For Gilgamesh, the exalted King of Uruk, will have intercourse arbitrarily with the 'destined wife of a bridegroom'),
(usually) he first, the husband afterward.”
At the young man's speech Enkidu's face flushed with anger(At the beginning of young man's exceptional words Enkidu's face flushed with anger).
Enkidu proclaimed(Enkidu just proclaimed hoarsely),
I will go to Uruk. I will challenge Gilgamesh(Exactly I shall go to Uruk. I will challenge the overbearing Gilgamesh).”
Enkidu walked down the street of Uruk­Haven, ... mighty(Mighty Enkidu walked down the street of Uruk­Have)...

He blocked the way through…(He blocked the way in or way out through Uruk)
The land of Uruk stood around him, the whole land assembled about him(The existent land of Uruk stood around him, the whole land just assembled close by him),
the populace was thronging around him, the men were clustered about him(the excessive population began thronging around him, the men were clustered heavily about him),
and kissed his feet as if he were a little baby(and began kissing his feet as if he were a little baby)!
The bed of marriage was ready ­ for Gilgamesh as for a god(The bed of marriage was exceedingly ready ­for majestic Gilgamesh exactly like for a god).
Enkidu blocked the entry to the marital chamber(Enkidu blocked the entry to the wedding chamber),
and would not allow Gilgamesh to be (pacifically) brought in.
They grappled with each other at the entry to the marital chamber(They grappled with each other at the entry to the chamber of wedding),
in the street they attacked each other, the public square of the land(cross[X]ing the side road they stormed each other, in the public square of the land).
The doorposts (just all) trembled and the wall shook.
Finally, Gilgamesh wrestled Enkidu to the ground(Finally, Gilgamesh wrestled dexterously Enkidu to the hard ground).
“You are the strongest,” Enkidu gasped, “You are the rightful king of Uruk(“You are the biggest,” Enkidu gasped, “You are the statutory king of Uruk).”
The mother of Gilgamesh spoke to Gilgamesh plaintively, saying(The mother of brilliant Gilgamesh spoke to Gilgamesh plaintively, expressing);
“This is the star that fell from the heavens ­
the companion who will never forsake you(the companion who will just at all time never forsake you).
Enkidu has no father or mother, his shaggy hair no one cuts(Exactly Enkidu has no father or mother, his shaggy hair was never being cut).
He was born in the wilderness, no one raised him(He was born truly in the uninhabited region, no one brought him up).
See him now as my son and your brother(Exactly see him now as my son and your brother).”
Enkidu was standing there, and heard the speech(Enkidu was standing just at the same spot, and heard exactly the saying).
(He sat down and wept, his eyes began filling with tears)He ... sat down and wept, his eyes filled with tears.
Gilgamesh and Enkidu embraced(Gilgamesh and Enkidu firmly held in each other's arms).

Tablets III and IV

Gilgamesh wants to increase his fame. He and Enkidu journey to the Cedar Forest to slay the
monster Humbaba. Each night, Gilgamesh has horrible, distressing dreams which he tells to
Enkidu. Each time Enkidu interprets the dream:
“Shamash the sun will shine upon you, and you will slay Humbaba.
Standing together, we two will prevail.”

Gilgamesh wants to jack up his fame blissfully. He and Enkidu set an expedition to the Cedar Forest to slay Humbaba, the towering monster. Every single night, Gilgamesh has horrible, distressing dreams which he explains all to Enkidu. Each time Enkidu just wants to make easy to understand the dream.
“Shamash*, the sun god will exactly shine upon you, and you will slay Humbaba.
Standing together, we two will eventually win.”

*Shamash | Definition, Symbol, & Facts | Britannica

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

THE EPIC OF GILGAMESH

Tablet II: Enkidu and Gilgamesh fight.

Shamhat pulled off a piece of her clothing, and clothed Enkidu with it.
She took hold of him and brought him to the hut of the shepherds.
The shepherds gathered all around about him and marveled to themselves:
"How the youth resembles Gilgamesh­­
tall in stature, towering up to the battlements over the wall!”
They placed food and beer in front of him;
Enkidu knew nothing about either.
Shamhat spoke to Enkidu, saying:
"Eat the food, Enkidu, it is the way one lives.
Drink the beer, as is the custom of the land."
Enkidu ate and drank until he was sated.
He splashed his shaggy body with water,
and rubbed himself with oil, and turned into a human.
He put on some clothing and became like a warrior.
He took up his weapon and chased lions and routed the wolves.
With Enkidu as their guard, the herders could lie down.
A young man stopped by the shepherd’s camp on his way to a wedding in Uruk.
The young man spoke, saying to Enkidu:
"They have invited me to a wedding, as is the custom of the people.
For the King of Uruk, open is the veil!
For Gilgamesh, the King of Uruk, will have intercourse with the 'destined wife,'
he first, the husband afterward.”
At the young man's speech Enkidu's face flushed with anger.
Enkidu proclaimed,
“I will go to Uruk. I will challenge Gilgamesh.”
Enkidu walked down the street of Uruk­Haven, ... mighty...

He blocked the way through…
The land of Uruk stood around him, the whole land assembled about him,
the populace was thronging around him, the men were clustered about him,
and kissed his feet as if he were a little baby!.
The bed of marriage was ready ­ for Gilgamesh as for a god.
Enkidu blocked the entry to the marital chamber,
and would not allow Gilgamesh to be brought in.
They grappled with each other at the entry to the marital chamber,
in the street they attacked each other, the public square of the land.
The doorposts trembled and the wall shook.
Finally, Gilgamesh wrestled Enkidu to the ground.
“You are the strongest,” Enkidu gasped, “You are the rightful king of Uruk.”
The mother of Gilgamesh spoke to Gilgamesh plaintively, saying;
“This is the star that fell from the heavens ­
the companion who will never forsake you.
Enkidu has no father or mother, his shaggy hair no one cuts.
He was born in the wilderness, no one raised him.
See him now as my son and your brother.”
Enkidu was standing there, and heard the speech.
He ... sat down and wept, his eyes filled with tears.
Gilgamesh and Enkidu embraced.

Tablets III and IV

Gilgamesh wants to increase his fame. He and Enkidu journey to the Cedar Forest to slay the

monster Humbaba. Each night, Gilgamesh has horrible, distressing dreams which he tells to
Enkidu. Each time Enkidu interprets the dream:
“Shamash the sun will shine upon you, and you will slay Humbaba.
Standing together, we two will prevail.”

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 06:30

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表