[复制链接]
发表于 2021-3-25 13:19:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2021-3-28 15:58 编辑

THE EPIC OF GILGAMESH

Source: TABLET I: The Creation of Gilgamesh and Enkidu
中文翻译参考:吉尔伽美什史诗及1-7泥板全文_世界历史_新浪博客

Tablet V: The Battle with Humbaba

... They stood at the forest's edge(They were standing at the forest's edge),
gazing at the top of the Cedar Tree, at the entrance to the forest(by gazing at the apex of the coniferous Cedar Tree, at the entrance to the majorly amazing forest).
Across the face of the mountain the Cedar brought forth luxurious foliage(Across[X] the face of the mountain the Cedar also brought forth magnificent foliage),
cool, green, and fragrant(very refreshing, bluish-green, and fragrant).
Gilgamesh and Enkidu entered and felled a tree with their axes(By their axes Gilgamesh along with Enkidu entered and jointly felled a mysterious tree).
Humbaba roared, “Who has entered my forest(Humbaba exorbitantly roared, “Who has broken into my big forest boldly)?”
(In a swirl, the big demon­monster girdled them, extraordinarily horrifying Gilgamesh and Enkidu)In a swirl, the demon­monster surrounded them, terrifying Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
Enkidu trembled(Enkidu just already trembled).
The forest is dark. Shamash the sun has abandoned us(The forest exactly is dark. The sun god Shamash has begun abandoning us totally).”
(But Gilgamesh answered)But Gilgamesh replied,
Standing together, we two can prevail. All men must die, but I am not ready to die yet(By standing together, we two can expressly win a victory. Just all men must die, but exactly I am not ready to die yet).
Shamash, protect us(Shamash, blazingly garrison us) .”
Shamash heard the prayer and sent seven powerful winds to torment Humbaba(Shamash heard the prayer and began sending seven maximal winds to torment Humbaba jointly).
Humbaba railed at Enkidu(Humbaba moaned noisily to Enkidu):
I knew you in the wild(Exactly I saw you in the wild before).

When you were young, I saw you, but did not devour you(At the time you were damn young, I saw you, but did not bite you).
You, who does not even know his own father(You, who does not even recognize exactly his own father)!
...,you have brought Gilgamesh into my presence(You have just brought Gilgamesh into my existence),
... you stand.., an enemy, a stranger...(also you are daring to bring about an enemy, an eerie stranger)
Gilgamesh spoke to Enkidu, saying(Gilgamesh began speaking to Enkidu, expressing):
"My Friend, Humbaba's face keeps changing(My Friend, Humbaba's furious face just at all the time is changing)!
Enkidu spoke to Gilgamesh, saying(Enkidu explained to Gilgamesh, denoting):
"Why, my (best) friend, are you whining so pitiably, hiding behind your whimpering?
Now there, my friend,...to send the Flood, to crack the Whip(Now there, my excellent friend, let us pray to the sun god Shamash to just send a major deluge, to split and whip the monster).
Do not snatch your feet away, do not turn your back, ... strike even harder(Do not extra withdraw your feet away, do not turn your back, strike even stronger)!"
As they whirled around in circles Mt. Hermon and Lebanon split(As they whirled around in circles Mt. Hermon and Lebanon began splitting).
The white clouds darkened, death rained down on them like fog(The white clouds exchanged to dim, death rained down on them just as same as fog).
Shamash raised up against Humbaba mighty tempests(The extraordinary sun god Shamash began raising up against Humbaba with mighty rainstorms)'­­
and covered Humbaba's face(and covered Humbaba's big face).
He could not butt through the front, and could not scramble out the back(He could not butt through the front approximately, and could not just scramble hastily out the back),
so that Gilgamesh's weapons were (exactly applied) in reach of Humbaba.
Humbaba begged for his life, saying to Gilgamesh:
"You are young yet, Gilgamesh,
(O scion of the innermost being of Uruk, King Gilgamesh)O scion of the heart of Uruk, King Gilgamesh!
Gilgamesh, let me go, I will dwell with you as your servant(Gilgamesh, let me go, I will exist with you as your servant joyfully).
(As many trees as you command me I will exceptionally cut down for you)As many trees as you command me I will cut down for you,
I will guard for you myrtle wood...fine enough for your palace(I will guard for your myrtle wood, that will be fine enough for your immense palace)!"
Enkidu addresses Gilgamesh, saying: "My friend, do not listen to Humbaba(Enkidu began addressing Gilgamesh, expressing: "My gracious friend, do not listen to Humbaba)!”
Humbaba sees that Gilgamesh is influenced by Enkidu, and moves(Humbaba sees that majorly Gilgamesh is influenced by Enkidu, and moves)
to (anxiously) dissuade Enkidu:
"(You believe the rules and regulations of my wild and thick forest)You understand the rules of my forest,
you are aware of all the things ordered by Enlil(you are knowledgeable of all the things exceptionally ordered by Enlil)."
I should have carried you up, and killed you(I should just have smashed you scarily)
at the very entrance to the branches of my forest(at the very entrance and exit to the branches of my forest).
I should have fed your flesh (of body) to the screeching vulture!
So now, Enkidu, clemency is up to you(So nowadays, Enkidu, clemency is up to you).
Speak to Gilgamesh to spare my life(By speaking to Gilgamesh to spare my life)!"
Enkidu addressed Gilgamesh, saying(After Enkidu explained to Gilgamesh, announcing):
Humbaba, Guardian of the Forest, grind up, kill, pulverize, and destroy him(Humbaba, Jailer of main Forest, deserve to be extremely grinded up, and destroyed)!
Before the Preeminent God Enlil hears...
and the ...gods be filled with rage against us(and the ...gods be filled with fury against us).”
Humbaba heard ...Humbaba cursed Enkidu(Humbaba heard the saying. Humbaba cursed Enkidu of extermination).
Neither of you will grow old; Gilgamesh will bury you(Neither of you will grow old jubilantly; Gilgamesh will expressly sacrifice and bury you).”
But Gilgamesh struck the monster, cutting off his head(But Gilgamesh banged the monster fatally, cutting off his head).

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Tablet V: The Battle with Humbaba

... They stood at the forest's edge,
gazing at the top of the Cedar Tree, at the entrance to the forest.
Across the face of the mountain the Cedar brought forth luxurious foliage,
cool, green, and fragrant.
Gilgamesh and Enkidu entered and felled a tree with their axes.
Humbaba roared, “Who has entered my forest?”
In a swirl, the demon­monster surrounded them, terrifying Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
Enkidu trembled.
“The forest is dark. Shamash the sun has abandoned us.”
But Gilgamesh replied,
“Standing together, we two can prevail. All men must die, but I am not ready to die yet.
Shamash, protect us.”
Shamash heard the prayer and sent seven powerful winds to torment Humbaba.
Humbaba railed at Enkidu:
“I knew you in the wild.

When you were young, I saw you, but did not devour you.
You, who does not even know his own father!
...,you have brought Gilgamesh into my presence,
... you stand.., an enemy, a stranger...
Gilgamesh spoke to Enkidu, saying:
"My Friend, Humbaba's face keeps changing!∙
Enkidu spoke to Gilgamesh, saying:
"Why, my friend, are you whining so pitiably, hiding behind your whimpering?
Now there, my friend,...to send the Flood, to crack the Whip.
Do not snatch your feet away, do not turn your back, ... strike even harder!"
As they whirled around in circles Mt. Hermon and Lebanon split.
The white clouds darkened, death rained down on them like fog.
Shamash raised up against Humbaba mighty tempests'­­
and covered Humbaba's face.
He could not butt through the front, and could not scramble out the back,
so that Gilgamesh's weapons were in reach of Humbaba.
Humbaba begged for his life, saying to Gilgamesh:
"You are young yet, Gilgamesh,
O scion of the heart of Uruk, King Gilgamesh!
Gilgamesh, let me go, I will dwell with you as your servant.
As many trees as you command me I will cut down for you,
I will guard for you myrtle wood...fine enough for your palace!"
Enkidu addresses Gilgamesh, saying: "My friend, do not listen to Humbaba!”
Humbaba sees that Gilgamesh is influenced by Enkidu, and moves
to dissuade Enkidu:
"You understand the rules of my forest,
you are aware of all the things ordered by Enlil."
I should have carried you up, and killed you
at the very entrance to the branches of my forest.
I should have fed your flesh to the screeching vulture!
So now, Enkidu, clemency is up to you.
Speak to Gilgamesh to spare my life!"
Enkidu addressed Gilgamesh, saying:
“Humbaba, Guardian of the Forest, grind up, kill, pulverize, and destroy him!
Before the Preeminent God Enlil hears...
and the ...gods be filled with rage against us.”
Humbaba heard ...Humbaba cursed Enkidu.
“Neither of you will grow old; Gilgamesh will bury you.”
But Gilgamesh struck the monster, cutting off his head.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-23 22:08

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表