最后的审判 (490) 吉尔伽美什史诗 泥版十 解读

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-4-12 07:49:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2021-4-14 15:45 编辑

THE EPIC OF GILGAMESH

Source: TABLET I: The Creation of Gilgamesh and Enkidu
中文翻译参考:吉尔伽美什史诗及1-7泥板全文_世界历史_新浪博客

Tablet X

As soon as the tavern­keeper saw him, she bolted her door(Just at the same instant the tavern­keeper exactly saw him, she fastened her door).
Gilgamesh spoke to the tavern­keeper, saying(Gilgamesh began saying calmly to the nervine boss of little tavern):
"I am Gilgamesh!
I destroyed Humbaba who lived in the Cedar Forest(I exterminated Humbaba who lived in the Cedar Forest),
I grappled with the Bull that came down from heaven, and killed him(I grappled with the Bull that just came to descend from heaven, and executed him)."
The tavern­keeper spoke to Gilgamesh, (began) saying:
"lf you are Gilgamesh, who destroyed Humbaba and killed the Bull(lf you are Gilgamesh, who ruined Humbaba and killed the strong Bull).
why are your cheeks emaciated, your expression desolate(why are your expression desolate, your jaws emaciated sharply)?”
Gilgamesh spoke to her(Gilgamesh explained patiently to her):
Should not my cheeks be emaciated(Should not my cheeks begin emaciating)?
I mourn for my friend, Enkidu, whom I love deeply(I mourn for my friend, beloved Enkidu, whom I was fond of greatly).
So now, tavern­keeper, what (exactly) is the way to Utanapishtim?”
The tavern­keeper spoke to Gilgamesh, saying(The tavern­keeper spoke just to Gilgamesh, explaining):
"(Ah, Gilgamesh, don’t you know that all human beings must pass away)Ah, Gilgamesh, don’t you know that all men must die?
(The gods persist in being exalted immortality for just always themselves)The gods keep immortality for themselves.
Go, wash up, eat, and enjoy your life(Next, hike, wash up, eat food, and begin enjoying your life).
The only one who crosses the sea is valiant Shamash(The only one who begin crossing the perplexing and troublesome sea is just valiant Shamash).
(Besides, the Waters of Extermination are double-crossing)Besides, the Waters of Death are treacherous.
But, over there is Urshanabi, the ferryman of Utanapishtim(Yet, over there is Urshanabi, the ferryman of great Utanapishtim).
Go on, let him see your face, let him see your sorrow(Next, let him take a look at your jaws, allow him see easily your exceptional sorrow).
Maybe he will help you.
(if not, you ought to turn back immediately)if not, you should turn back."
(Urshanabi explained to Gilgamesh, began saying)Urshanabi spoke to Gilgamesh, saying:
Why are your cheeks emaciated, your expression desolate(why are your expression desolate, your jaws emaciated sharply)?”
Gilgamesh spoke to Urshanabi, saying(Gilgamesh explained to companion Urshanabi, began saying):
Should not my cheeks be emaciated(Should not my wrinkled cheeks be thin)?
(Ought to my heart in thorax not be miserable, also just all my features not excessively haggard)Should my heart not be wretched, my features not haggard?
Should there not be sadness deep within me(Should there not be mourning deeply within me)!
My friend, Enkidu, whom I love deeply(My best friend, gracious Enkidu, whom I exceedingly treasured),
(who went through just all calamities with me)who went through every hardship with me,
the fate of mankind has overtaken him(the fate of mankind has exceeded him).
(How can I stay completely quiet, how can I be still?)How can I stay silent, how can I be still?
(My friend whom I greatly cherish has turned to clay)My friend whom I love has turned to clay.
Am I not like him? Will I lie down, never to get up again(Will I begin lying down, never to get up next? I am not justly treasure my best friend, ain't I?)?
That is why I must go on, to see Utanapishtim(That is exactly why I shall go on, to begin seeing Utanapishtim).
So now, Urshanabi, what is the way to Utanapishtim(So nowadays, Urshanabi, what is the way to Utanapishtim)?”

Gilgamesh and Urshanabi launched the boat and they sailed away(Gilgamesh and Urshanabi launched the boat and they began to sail away).
By the third day, Urshanabi arrived at the Waters of Death(By exactly third day, boat just already took them to the Waters of Death).
As the boat approached, Utanapishtim was gazing at it(As the boat maximum approached, Utanapishtim began gazing carefully at it),
(confused, began wondering to himself)puzzled, wondering to himself:
“The one who is coming (exactly) is not a man of mine, (just)…”
(Gilgamesh explained to Utanapishtim, also began telling him the story of his treacherous journey)Gilgamesh spoke to Utanapishtim, telling him the story of his treacherous journey.
After hearing of Gilgamesh’s travails, Utanapishtim said to him(By hearing of Gilgamesh’s extreme tribulations, Utanapishtim just said to him):
“(Goodness, Gilgamesh, why do you explore again any sorrow)Ah, Gilgamesh, why do you seek sorrow?
Take care about it, (my friend) Gilgamesh,
The gods are sleepless(Every god are insomniac)...
They are troubled, restless(They are troubled, fidgeting)...
Long ago it has been established(Long ago exactly it has been founded)...
You trouble yourself (just all times)…
You have toiled without cease, and what have you got(You have toiled exorbitantly without bringing to a stop, and what have you obtained)?
Through toil you wear yourself out, you fill your body with grief(By toiling you excessively wear yourself out, you jinx your airframe with sorrow),
your long lifetime you are bringing near to a premature end(your exceptional longevity is being terrifyingly brought adjoining to an excessively soon end)!
(Mankind, whose offshoot is snapped off just as same as a reed by extermination)Mankind, whose offshoot is snapped off like a reed by... death.
No one can see death(Nobody can find out the meaning of death),
no one can see the face of death(nobody can find out the sobbing face of extermination),
no one can hear the voice of death(just no man may hear the sound of extermination),
yet there is savage death that snaps off mankind(besides there are many savage deaths that take away instantly human beings).
The image of Death cannot be (exactly) depicted.
(When the Great Gods just assembled side by side, they fixed life and death over)When the Great Gods, assembled they established Death and Life,
but they did not make (human being) known the days of death (finally).”

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

THE EPIC OF GILGAMESH

Tablet X

As soon as the tavern­keeper saw him, she bolted her door.
Gilgamesh spoke to the tavern­keeper, saying:
"I am Gilgamesh!
I destroyed Humbaba who lived in the Cedar Forest,
I grappled with the Bull that came down from heaven, and killed him."
The tavern­keeper spoke to Gilgamesh, saying:
"lf you are Gilgamesh, who destroyed Humbaba and killed the Bull.
why are your cheeks emaciated, your expression desolate?”
Gilgamesh spoke to her:
“Should not my cheeks be emaciated?
I mourn for my friend, Enkidu, whom I love deeply.
So now, tavern­keeper, what is the way to Utanapishtim?”
The tavern­keeper spoke to Gilgamesh, saying:
"Ah, Gilgamesh, don’t you know that all men must die?
The gods keep immortality for themselves.
Go, wash up, eat, and enjoy your life.
The only one who crosses the sea is valiant Shamash.
Besides, the Waters of Death are treacherous.
But, over there is Urshanabi, the ferryman of Utanapishtim.
Go on, let him see your face, let him see your sorrow.
Maybe he will help you.

if not, you should turn back."
Urshanabi spoke to Gilgamesh, saying:
“Why are your cheeks emaciated, your expression desolate?”
Gilgamesh spoke to Urshanabi, saying:
“Should not my cheeks be emaciated?
Should my heart not be wretched, my features not haggard?
Should there not be sadness deep within me!
My friend, Enkidu, whom I love deeply,
who went through every hardship with me,
the fate of mankind has overtaken him.
How can I stay silent, how can I be still?
My friend whom I love has turned to clay.
Am I not like him? Will I lie down, never to get up again?
That is why I must go on, to see Utanapishtim.
So now, Urshanabi, what is the way to Utanapishtim?”

Gilgamesh and Urshanabi launched the boat and they sailed away.
By the third day, Urshanabi arrived at the Waters of Death.
As the boat approached, Utanapishtim was gazing at it,
puzzled, wondering to himself:
“The one who is coming is not a man of mine, …”
Gilgamesh spoke to Utanapishtim, telling him the story of his treacherous journey.
After hearing of Gilgamesh’s travails, Utanapishtim said to him:
“Ah, Gilgamesh, why do you seek sorrow?
Take care about it, Gilgamesh,
The gods are sleepless ...
They are troubled, restless...
Long ago it has been established...
You trouble yourself…
You have toiled without cease, and what have you got?
Through toil you wear yourself out, you fill your body with grief,
your long lifetime you are bringing near to a premature end!
Mankind, whose offshoot is snapped off like a reed by... death.
No one can see death,
no one can see the face of death,
no one can hear the voice of death,
yet there is savage death that snaps off mankind.
The image of Death cannot be depicted.
When the Great Gods, assembled they established Death and Life,
but they did not make known the days of death.”

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 03:00

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表