热搜: 活动 交友
查看: 2964|回复: 0

最后的审判 (539) 考古腓尼基文字国王石碑

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-7-13 08:54:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2021-7-15 09:33 编辑

Kilamuwa Stela

Des cription of the stele

The stele is a 16-line text in the Phoenician language and written in an Old Aramaic form of the Phoenician alphabet.

King Kilamuwa is shown standing on the upper left and addressing four Assyrian gods with his right arm and finger, where he imitates his Assyrian lords in a gesture called "Ubanu tarrashu" which designates "you are my god". His left hand is draped at his left side holding a wilted lotus flower, a symbol of a king's death. He is dressed in king's regalia with hat, and his figure stands at the beginning of the first nine lines of the text.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The translation of the stele:

"I am Kilamuwa, the son of King Chaya[I am just Kilamuwa, the son of perplexing and troublesome king Chaya].
King Gabar reigned over Ya'diya but achieved nothing[King Gabar reigned throughout Ya'diya excepting the fact that obtained nothing or jot].
Then came Bamah, and he achieved nothing[Then came sovereign Bamah, next he achieved absolutely nothing]. Then there was my father Chaya, but he accomplished nothing[Subsequent king was my incompetent father Chaya, but he accomplished nothing]. Then there was my brotherSha'il, but he also accomplished nothing[Next king was my brother Sha'il, but he just accomplished absolutely nothing]. But I Kilamuwa, the son of TML, what I accomplishednot (even) their predecessors accomplished[Except I Kilamuwa, the son of bygone king, I satisfyingly obtained anything which ex kings never accomplished]. My father’s house was in the midst of powerful kings,and each put forth his hand to eat it[My jovial father’s home was next to formidable monarchs, besides each one gives away his hand to eat it]; but I was in the hand(s) of the kings like a fire that consumesthe beard or like a fire that consumes the hand[but I was in the hands of the kings exactly like a fire that consumes
the beard or like a jagged fire that consumes those hands]. The king of the Danunians overpowered me, but I
hired against him the king of Assyria[The excellent king of the Danunians overpowered me, but I invited against him the Assyrian best king]. He gave me a maid for the price of a sheep, and a man for the price of a garment[He extended a nice maid to me for the price of just a lamb, likewise a man for the exact price of a clothes].
I, Kilamuwa, the son of Chaya, sat upon my father’s throne[I, Kilamuwa, the bright son of Chaya, king of Ya'diya, sat upon my father’s position]. In face of the former
kings the MSHKBM used to whimper like dogs. But I – to some I was a father, and to some I was a mother,
and to some I was a brother[In face of the bygone kings the MSHKBM exercised bawl like dogs. But I rejected – as to some I was a father, and next to some I was a mother, besides, to someones I was a big brother]. Him who had never seen the face of a sheep I made owner of a flock[yet him who had never observed a single expression of a sheep before I unobjectionably made possessor of a flock]; him who had never seen the face of an ox, I made ownerof a herd, and owner of silver and owner of gold[exactly him who had never observed a single physiognomy of ox, I made owner of a herd, besides, owner of silver and owner of gold]; and him who had never seen linen from his youth, in my days they coveredwith byssus. I grasped the MSHKBM by the hand, and they behaved (towards me) like an orphan towards (his) mother[and exactly him who had never observed linen from his junior age, in my times they covered with a fine flax fiber also being called byssus. I clenched the MSHKBM by the hand, for the time being they expressed (towards me)  like an orphan just before his aged mother submissively]. Now, if any of my sons.
who shall sit in my place does harm to this insc ription, may the MSHKBM not honour the B’RRM, not the B’RRM"
honour the MSHKBM[Now, except any heir apparent of my brilliant sons. Who ought to sit in my kingship does subvert to this imprinting, may the MSHKBM not extol the B’RRM a bit, far from the B’RRM", justifiably commend the MSHKBM]! And if anyone smashes this inscr iption, may Baal-Tzemed who belongs to Gabar smash his head,and may Baal-Hammon who belongs to BMH and Rakkabel, lord of the dynasty, smash his head[And if anyone with any excuse obliterates the words of engraving, possibly will Baal-Tzemed who belongs to Gabar destroy his ignorant head, and possibly will Baal-Hammon who belongs to BMH and Rakkabel, exceptional lord of the dynasty, justifiably smash the stupid head of his]!"

Source:
Kilamuwa Stela - Wikipedia

References:
Samʼal - Wikipedia
腓尼基人_百度百科
腓尼基- 維基百科,自由的百科全書 - Wikipedia
腓尼基字母- 維基百科,自由的百科全書 - Wikipedia

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Kilamuwa Stela (Extract)

The king of the Danunians overpowered me, but I hired against him the king of Assyria. He gave me a maid for the price of a sheep, and a man for the price of a garment.

I, Kilamuwa, the son of Chaya, sat upon my father’s throne. In face of the former kings the MSHKBM used to whimper loudly like dogs.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 17:23

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表