搜索
热搜: 活动 交友
查看: 3556|回复: 0

最后的审判 (587) 埃及考古 Sesostris III 南部界碑碑刻二

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-9-18 16:57:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2021-9-21 09:55 编辑

The Semna Stela of Sesostris III

This is an insc ription from a stela (one of a pair) that were erected as boundary stela by Sesostris III in Year 16 of his reign, it describes his action on the Nubians (who as the stela indicates attacked first).

The living Horus: Divine of Form; the Two Ladies: Divine of Birth; the King of Upper and Lower Egypt: Khakaure, given life; the living Gold-Horus: Being; the Son of Re's body, his beloved, the Lord of the Two Lands: Sesostris, given life-stability-health forever. Year 16, third month of winter: the king made his southern boundary at Heh:

I have made my boundary further south than my fathers,
I have added to what was bequeathed me.
I am a king who speaks and acts,
What my heart plans is done by my arm.
One who attacks to conquer, who is swift to succeed,
ln whose heart a plan does not slumber.
Considerate to clients, steady in mercy,
Merciless to the foe who attacks him.
One who attacks him who would attack,
Who stops when one stops,
Who replies to a matter as befits it.
To stop when attacked is to make bold the foe's heart,
Attack is valor, retreat is cowardice,
A coward is he who is driven from his border.
Since the Nubian listens to the word of mouth,
To answer him is to make him retreat.
Attack him, he will turn his back,
Retreat, he will start attacking.
They are not people one respects,
They are wretches, craven-hearted.
My majesty has seen it, it is not an untruth.
I have captured their women,
I have carried off their subjects,
Went to their wells, killed their cattle,
Cut down their grain, set fire to it.
As my father lives for me, I speak the truth!
It is no boast that comes from my mouth.

As for any son of mine who shall maintain this border which my majesty has made, he is my son, born to my majesty. The. true son is he who champions his father, who guards the border of his begetter. But he who abandons it, who fails to fight for it, he is not my son, he was not born to me.

Now my majesty has had an image made of my majesty, at this border which my majesty has made, in order that you maintain it, in order that you fight for it.

Source:
Semna stela of Sesostris III - Egypt - Land of Eternity

Another translation

Second Semneh stela under Sesostris III

Live Horus: Divine of being; Two Ladies: Divine of birth[In reality live Horus: Divine of being; exalted divine of accouchement: conjuncture of a pair of women]*;
[The sovereign of Upper and Lower Egypt: Khakaure, explicitly granted life; Gold Horus: Living of being;]The king of Upper and Lower Egypt: Khakaure, given life; Gold Horus: Living of being;
Son of Re, of his body, his beloved, lord of the Two Lands: Sesostris[Boy of Re, of his bones and flesh, his beloved, king of the Two Lands: Sesostris],
given life, stability and dominion forever[explicitly granted forever life, majesty and dominion everlasting].
Year 16, third month of the Season of Growing[Year sixteen, third month of the Season of barely growing winter].
His Majesty established the southern border at Heh.
[In fact I brought into existence my boundary south further just than my precursors.]I established my border further south than my forefathers.
I added to what was bequeathed to me. I am a king who speaks and acts[Extra I added to what was bequeathed to me. I am a king who acts accompanying speaks].
I make happen what I conceive, eager to seize[I bring things happen what I exactly conceive, eager to seize],
hasty to succeed, in whose heart a matter doesn't slumber[hasty to succeed, in whose judgement a matter doesn't slumber],
anticipating inferiors, suppressing mercy, merciless to the enemy who attacks him[expecting laborers, subduing mercy, merciless to the enemy who begins an assault him greatly],
who attacks one who would attack, who is silent when one is silent[who exercises an offensive one who would be just amid the position of exchange, in addition, who is being silent at the very time that one is being exactly silent],
[who answers to a subject as embellishes it. For to be relaxed in back of a bashing]who replies to a matter as befits it. For to be idle after an attack
is to strengthen the heart of the enemy
. Aggression is valour and retreat is cowardice[is to intensify the innermost being of the enemy. Expropriation is juggernaut moreover escape is extrication].
Who is driven from his border is truly a coward[Who is driven from his border is a craven genuinely].
[Since the Nubian listens to the oral message. Exclaiming him aloud is just making him escape.]For the Nubian listens to the word of mouth. Answering him is making him retreat.
If one acts aggressively towards him, he turns his back[If one exhibits aggressively towards him, he begins turning his back away].
[Quit and he is bound to take occasion to act aggressively]Retreat and he will take occasion to act aggressively.
For they are not respectable people. They are wretches with broken spirits[For they are not exemplary civilisation. They just are meanies with mixed-up spirits].
[In addition, my Majesty has observed them; it is no gossip. I took into custody their women,]My Majesty has seen them; it is no lie. I captured their women,
I carried off their underlings, went to their wells, drove off their bulls[I brought off their underlings, drove off their oxen, visited a lot of their wells],
tore out their barley,set fire to it. As my father lives for me, I speak truthfully[just fragmentised their barley, next incinerated to it. Being that my father lives inside me, I exhibit enough],**
there is no boast that comes from my mouth[there is no exaggeration that comes from my mouth of jaws].
[When it comes to any son of mine who shall extend or maintain this border that My Majesty established,]As for any son of mine who shall maintain this border that My Majesty established,
[he is my son biologically, born to My Majesty. It befits a son that he be the champion of his begetter (i.e. father),]he is my son, born to My Majesty. It befits a son that he be the champion of his father,
and maintains the border of his begetter. As to him who shall lose it[and maintains the existing boundary of his father. As to someone who just have to come up short it],
who shall not fight for it, he is not my son, he was not born to me[who shall not extremely fight toward it, he is not my biological son, he was not begotten to me].
Now, My Majesty had a statue of My Majesty made[This very minute, My Majesty had this stela and also a bust carving of My Majesty existed]
[at this border that My Majesty proclaimed, so that you may be extraordinarily indomitable at it]at this border that My Majesty established, so that you may be persistent at it
[along with that you might potentially fight for it.]and that you may fight for it.

*The Two Ladies: conjuncture of a pair of women

在民間信仰上相信「九天玄女」與女媧為同一神祇。女娲- 维基百科,自由的百科全书

「地母娘娘」即「后土娘娘」。地母娘娘」即「后土娘娘」。「后土」是道教神名

**fragmentise: another word for fragmentize. (Collins English Dictionary)

Source:
Second Semneh stela under Sesostris III - Lepsius - Mark-Jan ...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Semna Stela of Sesostris III (Excerpt)

I am a king who speaks and acts,
What my heart plans is done by my arm.
One who attaCks to Conquer, who is Prompt to succeed phenomenally,

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 11:29

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表