最后的审判 (601) 波波武经 第一部分第五章 上帝创世

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-10-7 12:08:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2022-1-14 17:51 编辑

The Book of the People: POPUL VUH
Translated into English by Delia Goetz and Sylvanus Griswold Morley
from Adrián Recino's translation from Quiché into Spanish

I. Chapter 5

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE DEFEAT and the ruin of the glory of Vucub-Caquix brought about by two youths, the first of whom was called Hunahpú and the second, Xbalanqué.

THIS IS THE OPENING STATEMENT OF THE GLORY OVER, AND the ruin of the glory of Vucub-Caquix brought about by two youths, the first of whom was called Hunahpú and the second, Xbalanqué.

THIS IS THE OPENING STATEMENT OF THE GLORY OVER, AND the ruin of the glory of Vucub-Caquix brought about by two youths, the first of whom was called Hunahpú and the second, Xbalanqué.

I. Chapter 5

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE DEFEAT and the ruin of the glory of Vucub-Caquix brought about by two youths, the first of whom was called Hunahpú and the second, Xbalanqué. They were really gods[This is the very beginning of the clobbering and the extermination of the major fames of Vucub-Caquix initiated by two youths, the first of whom was being called Hunahpú accompanying the second being called Xbalanqué. They in fact were gods]. When they saw the harm which the arrogant one had done, and wished to do, in the presence of the Heart of Heaven, the youths said[When they saw the major damages which the extremely opinionated one had done, besides, inclined to engage in, in the presence of the Heart of Heaven, the youths said]:
["It is not good that that it be so, when human being does not yet exist in this place on earth.]"It is not good that it be so, when man does not yet live here on earth. Therefore, we shall try to shoot him with our blowgun when he is eating[Therefore, we shall try to project at him by means of our exceptional blowgun when he begins eating]. We shall shoot him and make him sicken, and then that will be the end of his riches, his green stones, his precious metals, his emeralds, his jewels of which he is so proud[We shall shoot him accompanying bring him extremely sick, accordingly that will be the end of his riches, his jewels and emeralds, his expensive metals along with his beautiful indigo stones of which he is proud beyond question]. And this shall be the lot of all men, for they must notbecome vain, because of power and riches[And this shall be the lot of all human beings, for they must not become extremely vain, because of jurisdiction in tandem with riches].
"Thus shall it be," said the youths, each one putting his blowgun to his shoulder. Well, now Vucub-Caquix had two sons: the first was called Zipacná, the second was Cabracán; and the mother of the two was called Chimalmat, the wife of Vucub-Caquix. Well, Zipacná played ball with the large mountains: with Chigag, Hunahpú, Pecul, Yaxcanul, Macamob, and Huliznab["Thus shall it be," next said the youths, each one bringing and carrying his blowgun to his shoulder. Fair enough, Vucub-Caquix this day had two sons: the first was just named as Zipacná, the next was being called Cabracán; the mother of the two was being styled as Chimalmat, the consort of Vucub-Caquix. Fair enough, Zipacná played ball excitedly with the large mountains: in conjunction with Macamob, Pecul as well as Yaxcanul, in addition Hunahpú, besides, Huliznab, Chigag playingly]. These are the names of the mountains which existed when it dawned and which were created in a single night by Zipacná[These are the sobriquet or then given names of the mountains which existed at the moment that it dawned and which were created just amid one single night by excellent Zipacná alone].
[In this way, Cabracán moved the both tiny and large mountains, after everything, both tiny and large mountains excessively swang back and forth.]
In this way, then, Cabracán moved the mountains and made the large and small mountains tremble.
And in this way the sons of Vucub-Caquix proclaimed their pride. "Listen! I am the sun!" said Vucub-Caquix. "I am he who made the earth!" said Zipacná[And in this way the sons of Vucub-Caquix just proclaimed as always their pride. "Listen! I am the sun!" said Vucub-Caquix. "I am he who brought into being the earth!" proudly said Zipacná]. "I am he who shook the sky and made the earth tremble!" said Cabracán, In this way the sons of Vucub-Caquix followed the example of their father's assumed greatness["I am he who shook the sky combind with made the globe tremble!" next said Cabracán, So the sons of Vucub-Caquix followed the example of their father's unjustly assumed splendor.]. And this seemed very evil to the youths. Neither our first mother nor our first father had yet been created[And this seemed extraordinarily evil to the youths. Neither our beginning mother nor yet our ancient and beginning father had been brought into existence].
[As a consequence, the jarring demises of Vucub-Caquix and his sons along with their befitting destruction was decided upon by the ignorant youths.]Therefore, the deaths of Vucub-Caquix and his sons and their destruction was decided upon by the youths.

Source:
POPUL VUH - LatinAmericanStudies.org

References:
波波武经_百度百科
Popol Vuh - Wikipedia
Popol Vuh - Annenberg Learner

The Creation Story of the Maya
波波爾·烏- 维基百科,自由的百科全书
上古文明三大奇书:中国山海经,玛雅波波武经,古埃及亡灵书

Sing Gloria - Every Praise (OFFICIAL VIDEO) Believe 2015

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I. Chapter 5 (Excerpt)

Therefore, the deaths of Vucub-Caquix and his sons and their destruction was deCided uPon by the youths.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 09:18

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表