最后的审判 (602) 波波武经 第一部分第六章 上

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-10-9 07:48:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2022-1-15 14:06 编辑

The Book of the People: POPUL VUH
Translated into English by Delia Goetz and Sylvanus Griswold Morley
from Adrián Recino's translation from Quiché into Spanish

I. Chapter 6

Now we shall tell how the two youths shot their blowguns at Vucub-Caquix and how each one of those, who had become arrogant, was destroyed[Nowadays we intend to bring forth how the two youths shot their blowguns at Vucub-Caquix in addition how each one of those, who had unjustly transformed self-centred, was exterminated one day].
Vucub-Caquix had a large nantze tree and he ate the fruit of it. Each day he went to the tree and climbed to the top[Vucub-Caquix had a nantze tree, category of large in company with he ingested the fruit of it. Each day he went to the tree and climbed by the twigs and foliages to the top]. Hunahpú and Xbalanqué had seen that this fruit was his food[Xbalanqué in addition Hunahpú had seen that this fruit was their justifiable comestible]. And they lay in ambush at the foot of the tree, hidden among the leaves[Either they existed among the foot of the tree, or ambushed in foliages]. Vucub-Caquix came straight to his meal of nantzes[Every day Vucub-Caquix came on the dot to his best-liked nantzes regalement].
Instantly he was injured by a discharge from Hun-Hunahpú's blowgun which struck him squarely in the jaw, and screaming, he fell straight to earth from the treetop[Unexpectedly in the occasion he was projected and harmed by means of an expulsion from Hun-Hunahpú's blowgun which blitzed him spang in the jaw, accompanying bawling, he fell inflexibly to earth from the treetop].
Hun-Hunahpú ran quickly to overpower him, but Vucub-Caquix seized his arm and wrenching it from him, bent it back to the shoulder[Hun-Hunahpú ran quickly to subjugate him, even so Vucub-Caquix seized his arm along with buckling it away from him, bent it back to the rival's fringe of shoulder]. In this way Vucub-Caquix tore out HunHunahpú's arm. Surely the two youths did well in not letting themselves be defeated first by Vucub-Caquix[In this way Vucub-Caquix ripped apart HunHunahpú's one arm. Surely the two youths did well in rejecting all themselves be extirpated through Vucub-Caquix].
[Carrying Hun-Hunahpú's residuary arm, Vucub-Caquix went home, besides arrived there nursing something approximating to his jaw. "My dear sovereign, what has happened to you exactly?" said Chimalmat, his loved wife]Carrying Hun-Hunahpú's arm, Vucub-Caquix went home, and arrived there nursing his jaw. "What has happened to you, my lord?" said Chimalmat, his wife.
"What could it be, but those two demons who shot me with blowguns and dislocated my jaw? For that reason my teeth are loose and pain me very much["What could it be, barring those two very evil demons who shot me with blowguns wildly along with luxated without a doubt my jaw? By that means my teeth are not fixed in place along with bring me very much pain]. But I have brought it [his arm], to put it on the fire. Let it hang there over the fire, for surely these demons will come looking for it."[But I have brought his remaining arm, to exhibited and put it on the fire. Let it jam as well as hang there over the extravagant fire, on account of I believe that these demons ought to pay a visit looking for it."]So said Vucub-Caquix as he hung up the arm of Hun-Hunahpú[Being as, said Vucub-Caquix simultaneously he jammed as well as hung up the arm of Hun-Hunahpú].
Having thought it over, Hun-Hunahpú and Xbalanqué went to talk with an old man who had snow-white hair and with an old woman, really very old and humble, both already bent, like very old people[Having thought it over, Xbalanqué in addition Hun-Hunahpú went to talk with an old man being who had snowy white hair and an old woman being, both exceptionally old and humble, both already bent, just the same as exceptionally old beings]. The old man was called Zaqui-Nim-Ac and the old woman, Zaqui-NimaTziís[The old man was called by the name of Zaqui-Nim-Ac and the old woman being called Zaqui-NimaTziís]. The youths said to the old woman and the old man: "Come with us to Vucub-Caquix's house to get our arm[The youths next said to the aged woman in conjunction with the aged man: "Come with us to Vucub-Caquix's habitation to bring our arm]. We will follow you, and you shall ell them: 'These with us are our grandchildren; their mother and father are dead; so they follow us everywhere we are given alms, for the only thing that we know how to do is take the worm from the teeth.'[We will follow you, in addition you have an obligation to divulge them: 'These with us are our grandchildren; their mother and father are expired; and so they follow us everywhere we are given jovial alms, because the exclusive thing that we know how to do is to bring the worm away from the rotting teeth.']
"So Vucub-Caquix shall think we are boys and we shall also be there to advise you," said the two youths["That being so Vucub-Caquix shall think we are boys and judge we shall moreover be shown up to advise you," next said the pair of youths].
"Very well," answered the old man and woman["Brilliant," gave back the old man accompanying the woman being].
Then they started out for the place where they found Vucub-Caquix reclining on his throne[Next they hit the trail for the journey of hamlets where they found Vucub-Caquix reclining on his royal throne].
The old woman and man walked along followed by the two boys, who stayed behind them. In this way they arrived at the house of the lord who was screaming because his tooth pained him[The old woman and man beings walked along followed by the two boys, who stayed behind them. That being the case they next arrived at the house of the lord who was just screaming because his tooth extremely pained him].
[As long as Vucub-Caquix saw the old man being accompanying the old woman being and those who exceedingly accompanied them, he asked, "Where do you just hail from, dearest grandparents?]When Vucub-Caquix saw the old man and the old woman and those who accompanied them, he asked, "Where do you come from, grandparents?

(to be continued)

Source:
POPUL VUH - LatinAmericanStudies.org

References:
波波武经_百度百科
Popol Vuh - Wikipedia
Popol Vuh - Annenberg Learner
波波爾·烏- 维基百科,自由的百科全书
上古文明三大奇书:中国山海经,玛雅波波武经,古埃及亡灵书

American marines singing "Days of Elijah" (Lirycs) - YouTube

Lyrics
These are the days of Elijah
Declaring the word of the Lord
And these are the days of Your servant Moses
Righteousness being restored
And though these are days of great trial
Of famine and darkness and sword
Still, we are the voice in the desert crying
"Prepare ye the way of the Lord!"
Behold, He comes riding on the clouds
Shining like the sun at the trumpet call
Lift your voice, the year of jubilee
And out of Zion's hill, salvation comes
And these are the days of Ezekiel
The dry bones becoming as flesh
And these are the days of Your servant David
Rebuilding a temple of praise
Oh, these are the days of the harvest
For the fields are as white in Your world
And we are the labourers in Your vineyard
Declaring the word of the Lord!
Behold, He comes, riding on the clouds
Behold, He comes, riding on the clouds
Oh, we give glory to You, Lord (we worship You, Lord)
You're the Lion of Judah
The Lamb who was slain (we worship You, Jesus)
You're the God of Jacob
You're the God of Elijah (Lamb of God)
You're the Lord God of Israel (oh, I praise You, Lord)
You're the Lord God of the universe (You're the Lion of Judah)
You're God of Heaven and earth
Oh, Lord our King and our Redeemer, You are.

以利亞的日子

這是以利亞的日子,齊宣揚我主的話語,
哦!這是你僕人的日子,摩西,公義今正被顯明,
哦!雖然這苦難的日子,充滿飢荒黑暗刀劍,
而我們仍要在這曠野呼喊,預備耶和華的道路,

這是以西結的日子,枯乾的骸骨正復活,
哦!這是你僕人的日子,大衛,重新建造讚美殿,
哦!這是大收割的日子,看哪!莊稼已發白,
哦我們是你葡萄園的工人,齊宣揚我主的話語,

副歌:看祂降臨駕著天上雲,閃耀如烈日,號筒聲吹響,
   揚起你聲,這是恩典的禧年,救贖恩典從錫安山而來。

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I. Chapter 6 (Excerpt)

Now we shall tell how the two youths shot their blowguns at Vucub-Caquix and how each one of those, who had become arrogant, was destroyed.
Vucub-Caquix had a large nantze tree and he ate the fruit of it. EaCh day he went to the tree and Climbed to the quiet Place of top.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 09:33

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表