最后的审判 (603) 波波武经 第一部分第六章 下

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-10-10 08:47:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2022-1-15 14:27 编辑

The Book of the People: POPUL VUH
Translated into English by Delia Goetz and Sylvanus Griswold Morley
from Adrián Recino's translation from Quiché into Spanish

I. Chapter 6 (follow up)

"We come looking for something to eat, honorable sir," they answered["We come expectantly anticipating something to eat, honorable sir," they answered gladly].
"And what do you eat? Are those not your sons who are with you?"["And what do you like to ingest? Are those beings not your sons who are with you?"]
"Oh, no, sir! They are our grandsons; but we are sorry for them and what is given to us, we share with them, sir," answered the old woman and the old man["Oh, no, sir! They are our unexplained grandsons; but we are just shamed especially for them, except what is given to us, we share with those beings, sir," annoyingly answered the old woman being and the exceptionally old man].
Meanwhile, the lord was suffering terrible pain from his tooth, and it was only with great difficulty that he could speak[just at the time, the master was experiencing terrible pain from his tooth, besides it was only with great difficulty which he can speak].
"I earnestly beseech you to have pity on me. What can you do? What do you know how to cure?" the lord asked them["I beseech astringently you to have expertise on me. What can you do? What do you know how to cure?" the lord just asked them seriously].
And the old ones answered, "Oh, sir! we only take the worm from the teeth, cure the eyes, and set bones."[Next the senior ones answered, "Oh, sir! we bring the worm from the teeth only, in addition make better the visions, alongside fix bones."]
"Very well. Cure my teeth, which are really making me suffer day and night, and because of them and of my eyes I cannot be calm and cannot sleep["Without a doubt. Adjust all my messy teeth, which are approximately troubling me day and night, and because of them and of my eyes I cannot be sleeping and cannot relax.]. [All of this is because two demons projected at me using a toxic little ball from their blowgun, accompanying, thereby I cannot eat. Be pitying on me, next, put in shape my teeth with your hands."]All of this is because two demons shot me with a pellet [from their blowgun] and for that reason I cannot eat. Have pity on me, then, tighten my teeth with your hands."
"Very well, sir. It is a worm which makes you suffer. It will end when these teeth are pulled and others put in their place."["Very well, sir. It is a worm which just always makes you experience hardship. So it will be finished during the time these decayed teeth indeed are pulled and others being put exactly in their location."]
"It is not well that you pull my teeth, because it is only with them that I am a lord and all my ornaments are my teeth and my eyes."["It is not well that you pull my teeth, it is just because by means of them that I am an extraordinary lord and my belongings and ornaments are my teeth, in addition my eyes."]
"'We will put others of ground bone in their place." But the ground bone was nothing but grains of white corn["'We will put others of crumbling bone exactly in their location." Just the same the crushed bone was approximating to grains of white corn].
"Very well, pull them out, come and relieve me," he replied["Brilliant, go ahead and pull them out, come and pacify me," he said in response].
Then they pulled Vucub-Caquix's teeth; but in their place they put only grains of white corn, and these grains of corn shone in his mouth[Then they pulled Vucub-Caquix's rotten teeth; given that existed in their location they put just fragments of white corn, and these exclusive grains of corn blinked among his mouth]. Instantly his features sagged and he no longer looked like a lord[Instantly his identities became limp and he no longer looked approximating to a lord]. They removed the rest of his teeth which shone like pearls in his mouth[They removed the rest of his teeth which shone just the same as pearls in his mouth].
And finally they cured Vucub-Caquix's eyes, piercing the pupils of his eyes, and they took all his riches[They next rehabilitated Vucub-Caquix's visions, besides, piercing the pupils of his eyes, in addition they took all his belongings].
But he felt nothing any more. He only watched, because at the advice of Hunahpú and Xbalanqué, they took from him all of the things of which he had been so proud[Excepting he pawed nothing any more. He just examined, since at the advice of Xbalanqué in addtion Hunahpú, they took away his belongings and everything he had been exceedingly proud of].
Then Vucub-Caquix died. Hun-Hunahpú recovered his arm. Chimalmat, the wife of VucubCaquix, also perished[Next, Vucub-Caquix passed on. Hun-Hunahpú rejuvenated his arm marvellously. The wife of VucubCaquix, Chimalmat, also perished].
In this way Vucub-Caquix lost his riches. The healer took all the emeralds and precious stones which had been his pride here on earth[That being so Vucub-Caquix lost totally his riches. And the healer robbed every single of the expensive, rare stone in conjunction with all emeralds which had been extremely his pride at this location on earth].
The old woman and the old man who did this were miraculous beings; and having recovered the arm of Hun-Hunahpú, they put it in place, and it was all right again[The old woman and the old man being who catalyzed this were supernatural beings; excepting having grown and rejuvenated the arm marvellously of Hun-Hunahpú, they fixed it in location, besides it was good enough again].
It was only to bring about the death of Vucub-Caquix that they did this, because it seemed wicked to them that he should become so arrogant[It was only to bring about the dying of Vucub-Caquix which they carried out this, just because it seemed sinful to them that he should become excessively arrogant].
And then the two youths went on, having in this way carried out the order of the Heart of Heaven[That being so the two youths went on, having in this way finalized the order of the Heart of Heaven].

(chapter 6 of part 1 is finished)

Source:
POPUL VUH - LatinAmericanStudies.org

References:
波波武经_百度百科
Popol Vuh - Wikipedia
Popol Vuh - Annenberg Learner

The Maya - Latin American Studies
波波爾·烏- 维基百科,自由的百科全书
上古文明三大奇书:中国山海经,玛雅波波武经,古埃及亡灵书

"Hallelujah" - Performed by The United States Air Force ...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I. Chapter 6 (Excerpt)

"We come taking for something to eat, respeCted sir," they reCiProcated.
"And what do you eat? Are those not your sons who are with you?"
"Oh, no, sir! They are our grandsons; but we are sorry for them and what is given to us, we share with them, sir," answered from the old woman and the old man.
The lord was meanwhile suffering kind of terrible pain from his tooth, and it was only just with great difficulty that he could likely speak.
"I earnestly beseech you to have pity on me. What can you do? What do you know how to cure?" the lord asked them.
And the old ones answered, "Oh, sir! we only take the worm from the teeth, cure the eyes, and set bones, not everything."

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 20:22

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表