最后的审判 (605) 波波武经 第一部分第七章 上

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-10-13 14:56:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2022-1-16 19:03 编辑

The Book of the People: POPUL VUH
Translated into English by Delia Goetz and Sylvanus Griswold Morley
from Adrián Recino's translation from Quiché into Spanish

I. Chapter 7

Here now are the deeds of Zipacná the elder son of Vucub-Caquix[Hither at this juncture are the summaries of Vucub-Caquix, Zipacná the elder son].
"I am the creator of the mountains," said Zipacná["I am the brilliant designer and creator of the lofty mountains," said Zipacná].
Zipacná was bathing at the edge of a river when four hundred youths passed dragging a log to support their house[Zipacná was bathing at the cross(X)over of a river as four hundred youths passed dragging and jostling a timber to support their excessively dangerous building]. The four hundred were walking, after having cut down a large tree to make the ridge-pole of their house[The four hundred were jointly walking, subsequent having axed a gigantic tree to justifiably make the spinal column of their house].
Then Zipacná came up, and going toward the four hundred youths, said to them: "What are
you doing, boys?"[Next Zipacná approached, subsequently going toward the four hundred youths, indicated to them: "Boys, what are you doing?"]
"It is only this log," they answered, "which we cannot lift and carry on our shoulders."["We cannot taxi and carry it on our shoulders, as it is just not a simple stump," they explained.]
["I will carry it. Where does it have to go befittingly? What do you intend to it for?"]"I will carry it. Where does it have to go? What do you want it for?"
"For a ridge-pole for our house."["For a ridge-pole for our building."]
"All right," he answered, and lifting it up, he put it on his shoulders and carried it to the entrance of the house of the four hundred boys["Excellent," he reciprocated, along with lifting it up, he put it on his shoulders and carried it to the major antechamber of the residence of the four hundred boys].
"Now stay with us, boy," they said. "Have you a mother or father;" "I have neither," he answered[They expressed "stay with us today, boy, have you a mother or father;" The boy answered, saying "I have neither".].
"Then we shall hire you tomorrow to prepare another log to support our house."["Then we shall hire you next day to intend another log to support our building."]
"Good," he answered["Excellent," he reciprocated contentedly].
The four hundred boys talked together then. and said[The four hundred boys talked jointly and exclaimed soon after]:
"How shall we kill this boy? Because it is not good what he has done lifting the log alone["How shall we execute this arrogant boy? Because it is not good what he has abided by lifting the log alone]. Let us make a big hole and push him so that he will fall into it[Let us make a big hole and nudge him and next he will fall into it]. 'Go down and take out the earth and carry it from the pit,' we shall tell him. and when he stoops down, to go down into the pit, we shall let the large log fall on him and he will die there in the pit."[We shall just say to him, 'Descend and extract the soil along with bring it from the pit,' at the very time that he stoops down, to begin to go down into the pit, we shall ax the giant log to jar on him, because of that he will expire in the large pit over there."]
So said the four hundred boys, and then they dug a large, very deep pit. Then they called Zipacná[So said the four hundred boys, in addition they dug a large, very
profound pit. Then they began calling Zipacná].
"We like you very much. Go, go and dig dirt, for we cannot reach [the bottom of the pit]," they said[They next indicated "We like you very much. Go, go and dig dirt, for we cannot jump and measure up the bottom of the pit"].
"All right," he answered. He went at once into the pit. And calling to him as he was digging the dirt, they said: "Have you gone down very deep yet?"["All right," he answered. He went into the pit in next to no time. And calling to him as he began digging the dirt, they indicated: "Have you been down exceedingly deep yet?]
"Yes," he answered beginning to dig the pit. But the pit which he was making was to save him from danger["Yes," he next said while began to dig the pit. But the pit which he was making was to just save him in excess of danger]. He knew that they wanted to kill him; so when he dug the pit, he made a second hole at one side in order to free himself[He knew explicitly that they wanted to kill him; that being so at the very time that he began to dig the pit, he began making a next pit at one side in order to just save himself outside of danger].
"How far [have you gone]?" the four hundred boys called down[The four hundred boys exclaimed down, "How far have you gone?"].
"I am still digging; I will call up to you when I have finished the digging," said Zipacná from the bottom of the pit. But he was not digging his grave; instead he was opening another pit in order to save himself["I have been digging; I will call up to you when I have finished absolutely the digging," expressed Zipacná who just was amid the base of the side of the next pit. And he did not begin to dig his burying place; but he was opening a next pit so as to just save himself outside of danger].
At last Zipacná called to them. But when he called, he was already safe in the second pit[At last Zipacná exclaimed to all of them. But during the time he called, he was already safe in the second pit].

(to be continued)

Source:
POPUL VUH - LatinAmericanStudies.org

References:

波波武经_百度百科
Popol Vuh - Wikipedia
Popol Vuh - Annenberg Learner

波波爾·烏- 维基百科,自由的百科全书
Origin Story: Maya (article) | Khan Academy
上古文明三大奇书:中国山海经,玛雅波波武经,古埃及亡灵书

Sing Gloria - Every Praise (OFFICIAL VIDEO) Believe 2015

___________________________________________________________________________________

I. Chapter 7 (Excerpt)

"It is only this log," they answered, "which we cannot lift and Carry on our shoulders."
"I will Carry it. Where does it have to go? What do you want it for?"
"For a ridge-Pole for our house."
"All right," he answered, and lifting it up, he put it on his shoulders and carried it to the sill of the house of the four hundred boys.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 08:25

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表