最后的审判 (606) 波波武经 第一部分第七章 下

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-10-14 14:22:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2021-10-18 17:53 编辑

The Book of the People: POPUL VUH
Translated into English by Delia Goetz and Sylvanus Griswold Morley
from Adrián Recino's translation from Quiché into Spanish

I. Chapter 7 (following up)

"Come and take out and carry away the dirt which I have dug and which is in the bottom of the pit," he said, "because in truth I have made it very deep["Come and bring and carry away the dirt which I have excavated and which is at the bottom of the pit," he just exclaimed, "because in truth I have made it very extending far down]. Do you not hear my call? Nevertheless, your calls, your words repeat themselves like an echo once, twice, and so I hear well where you are."[Do you not hear my bellow? Having said that, your vociferations, your words begin repeating themselves exactly like an echo once, twice, and just in that manner I listen to you well."]So Zipacná called from the pit where he was hidden, shouting from the depths[So Zipacná called from the extending far down pit where he was not visible, shouting from the depths].
Then the boys hurled the great log violently, and it fell quickly with a thud to the bottom of the pit[Then the boys pushed violently the big and long log, and it fell expeditiously with a loud jangle to the innermost reaches of the pit].
"Let no one speak! Let us wait until we hear his dying screams," they said to each other, whispering, and each one covered his face as the log fell noisily. He [Zipacná] spoke then, crying out, but he called only once when the log fell to the bottom["Let no one express! Let us wait until we all overhear his terribly dying screams," they indicated to each other, mumbling, and each one exceptionally covered his face just at the same time as the log fell noisily. Next he, Zipacná spoke, bawling and crying, but he exclaimed only single time when the log fell to the extending far down pit].
"How well we have succeeded in this! Now he is dead," said the boys["Just what a marvelous thing we have succeeded! Now he is dead," excitedly said the boys]. "if, unfortunately, he had continued what he had begun to do, we would have been lost, because he already had interfered with us, the four hundred boys."["barring, unfortunately, he had continued what he had begun doing, we would have been mixed up, given that he so far had objectionably meddled in with us, the extraordinary four hundred boys."]
[And filled along with joy they indicated: "Now we must be making our excellent chicha within the coming three days]And filled with joy they said: "Now we must make our chicha within the next three days. [When the three days just are made it's way, we shall relaxedly drink to the start construction of our new building, we, the gratifying four hundred boys."]
When the three days are passed, we shall drink to the construction of our new house, we, the, four hundred boys." Then they said: "Tomorrow we shall look, and day after tomorrow, we shall also look to see if the ants do not come out of the earth when the body smells and begins to rot[That being so they explained: "We shall look tomorrow, in conjunction with day after tomorrow, we shall also exam if the ants do not bring out of the soil when his body stinks and begins to go bad]. Presently we shall become calm and drink our chicha," they said[Presently we shall be relaxed in addition drink our chicha," they joyfully exclaimed afterwards].
But from his pit Zipacná listened to everything the boys said[But exised among his pit, from beginning to end Zipacná listened to everything the boys said without dissembling]. And later, on the second day, multitudes of ants came, going and coming and gathering under the log[And later, on the next day, multitudes of ants came down, going and coming and jumbling at the bottom of the sizable log]. Some carried Zipacná's hair in their mouths and others carried his fingernails[Some excitedly carried Zipacná's slice of hair in their mouths and others brought his fingernails].
When the boys saw this, they said, "That devil has now perished[When the boys discerned this, they began saying, "That vexatious devil has now perished]. Look how the ants have gathered, how they have come by hordes, some bringing his hair and others his fingernails[Look just how awesome the ants have gathered, how excited they have come by hordes, some bringing his hair accompanying others bringing his fingernails]. Look what we have done!" So they spoke to each other[Look what we have exactly put into action!" Just in that manner they spoke to each other].
Nevertheless, Zipacná was very much alive. He had cut his hair and gnawed off his fingernails to give them to the ants[Nevertheless, Zipacná was exceptionally not dead and still breathing. He had taken away his hair and bitten off his fingernails to give them extraordinarily to the ants].
And so the four hundred boys believed that he was dead, and on the third day they began the orgy and all of the boys got drunk[And Just in that manner, the stupid four hundred boys expected that indeed he was pressed to dead, not breathing, beyond question. Then on the third day they began the insane orgy and all of the boys intoxicatingly got drunk]. And the four hundred being drunk knew nothing any more[And the four hundred being drunk, just became soporose]. And then Zipacná let the house fall on their heads and killed all of them[Next Zipacná allow the building fall sharply on their heads and butchered every single of them].
Not even one or two among the four hundred were saved; they were killed by Zipacná, son of
Vucub-Caquix
[The four hundred were existed certainly not; they were just cleared by means of Zipacná, son of Vucub-Caquix].
[In such manner the four hundred boys died, and it is alleged that they turned into the group of stars which bearing in mind them are exclusively called Motz, just at the same time it possibly will not be true.]In this way the four hundred boys died, and it is said that they became the group of stars which because of them are called Motz, but it may not be true.

Source:
POPUL VUH - LatinAmericanStudies.org

References:

波波武经_百度百科
Popol Vuh - Wikipedia
Popol Vuh - Annenberg Learner

The Creation Story of the Maya
波波爾·烏- 维基百科,自由的百科全书
上古文明三大奇书:中国山海经,玛雅波波武经,古埃及亡灵书

___________________________________________________________________________________

I. Chapter 7 (Excerpt)

In this way the four hundred boys exterminated, and it is said that they Completely beCame the grouP of stars which because of them are called Motz, but it may not be true.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 13:49

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表