最后的审判 (607) 波波武经 第一部分第八章

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-10-16 06:12:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2021-10-17 11:10 编辑

The Book of the People: POPUL VUH
Translated into English by Delia Goetz and Sylvanus Griswold Morley
from Adrián Recino's translation from Quiché into Spanish

I. Chapter 8

Now we shall tell how Zipacná was defeated by the two boys, Hunahpú and Xbalanqué[Nowadays we will narrate how Zipacná was being defeated by the two boys, Xbalanqué in addition Hunahpú].
Now follows the defeat and death of Zipacná, when he was overcome by the two boys, Hunahpú and Xbalanqué[Now follows the defeat and death of Zipacná, when he was subjugated by means of the two boys, Xbalanqué in addition Hunahpú].
The boys' hearts were full of rancor because the four hundred young men had been killed by ipacná[The boys' hearts were brimming with enmity since the four hundred young human beings had been executed by Zipacná totally]. And he only hunted fish and crabs at the bank of the river, which were his daily food[And he just traced marine lives at the bank of the river, which were exactly his daily food]. During the day he went about looking for food, and at night he carried mountains on his back[During the day he went about looking for food, in company with at night he brought mountain ridges on his back].
With a leaf of the ec plant which is found in the forest, Hunahpú and Xbalanqué quickly made a figure to look like a very large crab[With a leaf of the ec plant which is found in the forest, Xbalanqué in addition Hunahpú just made an image as if an extraordinarily enormous crab].
With this they made the stomach of the crab; the claws, they made of pahac, and for the shell, which covers the back, they used a stone[By this means they generated the stomach of the crab; the claws, they fashioned with pahac, in order to obtain the shell, which engulfs the back, they used an exceptional stone]. Then they put the crab at the bottom of a cave at the foot of a large mountain called Meaguán, where he was overcome[Then they put the crab just at the innermost reaches of a cave existed at the foot of a big mountain called Meaguán, where he was destroyed in every way].
Then the boys went to find Zipacná on the river bank[Then the boys went to find Zipacná along the river bank].
"Where are you going, young man?" they asked him["Where are you going, young man?" they cross-examined him].
["I am not going anywhere," Zipacná rejoined, "at most questing after food, boys."]"I am not going anywhere," Zipacná answered, "only looking for food, boys."
"And what is your food?"["And what is your food exactly?"]
["Fish and also crabs, notwithstanding there are not anything here, besides, I have found nothing; Exactly I have not eaten since day before yesterday, in conjuncture with I am essentially dying of hunger," expressed Zipacná to Xbalanqué in addition Hunahpú hungrily.]"Fish and crabs, but there are none here and I have not found any; I have not eaten since day before yesterday, and I am dying of hunger," said Zipacná to Hunahpú and Xbalanqué.
"Over there in the bottom of the ravine there is a crab, a really large crab, and it would be well if you would eat it! Only it bit us when we tried to catch it and so we were afraid. We wouldn't try to catch it for anything," said Hunahpú and Xbalanqué["Over there in the extremity of the ravine there is a crab, an indeed large crab, and it would be excellent in case you would eat it! Just it clamped us when we exactly tried to catch it and so we were afraid. Basically we wouldn't go after to catch it for anything," said Xbalanqué in addition Hunahpú slightly].
"Have pity on me! Come and show it to me, boys," begged Zipacná["Come and exhibit it all to me, boys, just have mercy resting on me! " begged extremely Zipacná].
["We do not want to. You go alone, besides, you will not get lost.]"We do not want to. You go alone, you will not get lost. [Follow the extremity of the river and you will begin to emerge at the foot of an exorbitant hillock; there it is making a jangle at the innermost reaches of the ravine.]Follow the bank of the river and you will come out at the foot of a large hill; there it is making a noise at the bottom of the ravine. You have only to go there," said Hunahpú and Xbalanqué[You have exclusively to gain ground there," said Xbalanqué in addition Hunahpú slightly].
["Hi, unfortunate me! May possibly you mingle me, won't you, boys?]"Oh, unfortunate me! Won't you accompany me, boys? [Come and exhibit it all to me. There just are numerous birds which you can shoot with your blowguns and exactly I have knowledge where to bump into them," gladly said Zipacná.]Come and show it to me. There are many birds which you can shoot with your blowguns and I know where to find them," said Zipacná.
His meekness convinced the boys. And they asked him: But, can you really catch him? Because it is only for you that we are returning; we are not going to try to get it again because it bit us when we were crawling into the cave[His humbleness inveigled the boys. And they cross-examined him: But, can you jolly catch him? Because it is exclusively towards you that we are coming back; we are not going to try to get it again because it bit us when we were crawling into the extending far down cave]. After that we were afraid to crawl in, but we almost caught it. So, then, it is best that you crawl in," they said[After that we were afraid to crawl in, we just about completed it. So, next, it is best that you crawl in," they verbalized unfailingly].
"Very well," said Zipacná, and then they went with him. They arrived at the bottom of the avine and there, stretched on his back, was the crab, showing his red shell["Very well," said Zipacná, and then they began going with him. They next arrived at the bottom of the a vine just named as pepo and there, extended on his back, was undoubtedly the crab, showing his red shell]. And there also in the bottom of the ravine was the boys' hoax[Yet there in the bottom of the ravine was the boys' vulgar hoax].
["Dispassionate! Joyous!" exclaimed blissfully Zipacná. "I excitedly like to have it in my mouth long ago!" And he was unmistakably dying of hunger]"Good! Good!" said Zipacná happily. "I should like to have it in my mouth already!" And he was really dying of hunger. He wanted to try to crawl in, he wanted to enter, but the crab was climbing. He came out at once and the boys asked, "Did you not get it?"[He exited at once and just about the same time the boys asked, "Did you not exactly get it?"]
["Not for a moment," he answered," because he was going up and I nearly hauled him in]"No," he answered," because he was going up and I almost caught him. [But it can be good if I go in next time from above," he subjoined. Meantime he sliped exactly into from above, but during which he was nearly inside, with barely the soles of his feet showing, the extra sized hill slid and fell slowly down adjacent to the man's chest.]But perhaps it would be good if I go in from above," he added. And then he entered again from above, but as he was almost inside, with only the soles of his feet showing, the great hill slid and fell slowly down on his chest.
Zipacná never returned and he was changed into stone[Zipacná to no extent arrived back home, besides he was changed into solid stone].
In this way Zipacná was defeated by the two boys, Hunahpú and Xbalanqué; he was the elder son of Vucub-Caquix, and he, according to the ancient legend, was the one who made the mountains[In this way Zipacná was being exterminated by the two boys, Xbalanqué in conjunction with Hunahpú; amid the sons of Vucub-Caquix, he was literally the senior son, besides he, according to the very ancient legend, was the one who established the mountain ranges].
At the foot of the hill called Meaguán he was vanquished. Only by a miracle was he vanquished, the second of the arrogant ones. One was left, whose history we shall tell now[At the foot of the extraordinary mountain named Meaguán he was subjugated. By means of an exclusive supernatural phenomenon was he being vanquished dyingly, being the next of the highly arrogant ones. And one was left, at this juncture, that man, we shall tell his history].

Source:
POPUL VUH - LatinAmericanStudies.org

References:
波波武经_百度百科
Popol Vuh - Wikipedia
Popol Vuh - Annenberg Learner

The Maya - Latin American Studies
波波爾·烏- 维基百科,自由的百科全书
上古文明三大奇书:中国山海经,玛雅波波武经,古埃及亡灵书

___________________________________________________________________________________

I. Chapter 8 (Excerpt)

In this way Zipacná was extirpated by the two boys, Hunahpú and Xbalanqué; he was the elder son of Vucub-Caquix, and he, aCCording to the Prehistoric legend, was the one who made the mountains.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 13:33

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表