最后的审判 (608) 波波武经 第一部分第九章

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-10-17 11:14:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2021-10-21 06:24 编辑

The Book of the People: POPUL VUH
Translated into English by Delia Goetz and Sylvanus Griswold Morley
from Adrián Recino's translation from Quiché into Spanish

I. Chapter 9

The third of the arrogant ones was the second son of Vucub-Caquix who was called Cabracán[The third of the objectionably imperious ones was the second son of Vucub- Caquix who was officially known as Cabracán].
["I disintegrate every mountain," he said.]"I demolish the mountains," he said.
But Hunahpú and Xbalanqué also defeated Cabracán. Huracán, Chipi-Caculhá, and RaxaCaculhá talked and said to Hunahpú and Xbalanqué[Xbalanqué in addition Hunahpú again extirpated Cabracán however. Huracán, Chipi-Caculhá, and RaxaCaculhá talked in conjunction with exclaimed to Hunahpú as well as Xbalanqué]:
["Give leave to the second son of Vucub-Caquix again be won against]"Let the second son of Vucub-Caquix also be defeated. This is our will, for it is not well what they do on earth, exalting their glory, their grandeur, and their power, and it must not be so. Lure him to where the sun rises," said Huracán to the two youths.[This is our yearning, because it is not good what they do on earth, exalting their accolades, their grandeur, and their jurisdiction, and it must not be so. Coax him to the location where the sun begin rising," conveyed patiently Huracán to the two brilliant youngsters].
"Very well, honored sir," they answered, "because what we see is not right. Do you not exist, you who are the peace, you, Heart of Heaven?" said the boys as they listened to the command of Huracán["Exquisite, favored sir,"they subjoined, "forasmuch every single thing we see is not right. Do you not exist, you who are the peace, you, Heart of Heaven?" said the boys as they listened to the general ​command of Huracán humbly].
Meanwhile, Cabracán was busy shaking the mountains. At the gentlest tap of his feet on the earth, the large and small mountains opened. Thus the boys found him and asked Cabracán[At the extra mild tap of his feet on the earth, the jumbo and small peaks exceptionally opened. That being so the boys bumped into him and began asking Cabracán]:
"Where are you going, young man?["Where are you exactly going, smart young man?]
"Nowhere," he answered," here I am moving the mountains, and I am leveling them to the ground forever," he answered["Nowhere," he rejoined,"I am here shifting the mountains, and next I am leveling them to the ground abidingly," he said in response].
Then Cabracán asked Hunahpú and Xbalanqué, "What did you come to do here? I do not recognize you. What are your names?" said Cabracán[Then Cabracán inquired Hunahpú along with Xbalanqué, "What did you arrive to do here? Just I am not familiar to the faces of yours. What are your exclusive appellations?" briefly encouraged Cabracán].
"We have no names," they answered, "we are nothing more than shooters of blowguns and hunters with bird-traps on the mountains["We do not have any individual names," they answered back, "we are nothing more than exceptional shooters of blowguns just the same hunters with bird-traps on the mountains]. We are poor and we have nothing, young man[We are extraordinarily poor, besides, we have nothing, young friend]. We only walk over the large and small mountains, young man, and we have just seen a large mountain, over there where you see the pink sky[We only possible walk over the stingy or also extensive mountains, young man, and we have just seen an immense mountain, over there where you examine the salmon-pink sky]. It really rises up very high and overlooks the tops of all the hills[It doubtless springs up very high and overlooks the tops and brims of every single hill]. So it is that we have not been able to catch even one or two of the birds on it, boy[Extremely it is the reason that we have been just unable to immesh even one or two of the birds on it, boy]. But, is it true that you can level all the mountains?" Hunahpú and Xbalanqué asked Cabracán[Excepting that, is it correct that you can bring down every single the mountain?" Xbalanqué in addition Hunahpú begged Cabracán].
"Have you really seen the mountain of which you speak? Where is it? If I see it, I shall demolish it. Where did you see it?"["Have you seen explicitly the mountain of which you just claim? Where is it? If I fix my gaze on it, I shall demolish it. Where did you observe it even though?"]
"Over there it is, where the sun rises," said Hunahpú and Xbalanqué["Over there it is, where the sun rises every morning," said Xbalanqué in addition Hunahpú together].
"Very well, show me the road," he said to the two boys["Excellent, display me the road," he enjoyably exclaimed to the two boys].
"Oh no!" they answered. "We must take you between us["Oh not exactly!" they repudiated. "We ought to bring you in the middle of us]. One shall go at your left and the other at your right, because we have our blowguns, and if there should be birds we can shoot them."[One shall begin at your left and the other at your right, in the context of we fascinate our blowguns, and just at any time there should be birds we can shoot them."] And so they set out happily, trying out their blowguns[And so they set out excitedly, attempting their blowguns]. But when they shot with them, hey did not use the clay pellets in the tube of the blowgun; instead they felled the birds only with the puff of air when they shot them, which surprised Cabracán very much[But when they began shooting with them, they did not use the clay pellets in the tube of the blowgun; instead they gunned down the birds exclusively with the blast of airflow just at the time they shot them, which extraordinarily shocked Cabracán].
Then the boys built a fire and put the birds on it to roast, but they rubbed one of the birds with chalk, covering it with a white earth soil[Then the boys built a fire along with put the birds on it to roast, but they wiped one of the birds with chalk, covering it exactly with a white earth soil].
"We shall give him this," they said, "to whet his appetite with the odor which it gives off[They just rambled "We shall give him this, to excite his appetite with the odor which it gives off]. This bird of ours shall be his ruin, as we cover this bird with earth so we shall bring him down to the earth and bury him in the earth[This bird of ours is going be his very ruin, as we cover this bird with earth so we shall bring him down to the soil and put him six feet under with regard to the ground].
"Great shall be the wisdom of a created being, of a being fashioned, when it dawns, when there is light," said the boys[The boys majestically claimed "great shall be the exceptional wisdom of a created being, accompanying of a being exceptionally fashioned, just at the same time as it dawns, when there exists illumination"].
"As it is natural for man to wish to eat, so Cabracán desires food," said Hunahpú and Xbalanqué to each other["As it is natural for human beings to fancy eating, that being so," next said Hunahpú and Xbalanqué to each other, "Cabracán just wants comestibles"].
Meanwhile the birds were roasting, they were beginning to turn golden brown, and the fat and juice which dripped from them made an appetizing odor[Meanwhile the birds were experiencedly charbroiling, they were beginning to turn golden brown, in company with the fat and juice which dripped from them brought an appetizing odor]. Cabracán wanted very much to eat them; they made his mouth water, he yawned, and the saliva and spittle drooled because of the smell which the birds gave off[Cabracán excessively wanted to eat them; they just made his mouth water, such that he extensively yawned, along with the slobber in addition phlegm drooled by dint of the balminess which the birds gave off].
Then he asked them: "What is that you eat? The smell is really savoury. Give me a little piece," he said to them[He asked them next: "What is that you eat? The enjoyable smell is really savoury. Give me an extra piece," he said to them].
Then they gave a bird to Cabracán, the one which would be his ruin; and when he had finished eating it, they set out toward the east where the great mountain was[Then they began giving a bird to Cabracán, the one which would be his very ruin; and by the time he had finished eating it, they expected to begin their adventurous journey aimed at the east where the exceptional mountain was]. But already Cabracán's legs and hands were weakening and he had no strength because of the earth with which the bird he had eaten was rubbed, and he could do nothing to the mountains. Neither was it possible to level them[But in time gone by Cabracán's legs in company with hands became weakening and he had no strength because of the earth with which the exact bird he had gulped down was rubbed just at the same time as toxified, and he could do absolutely nothing to any mountains. It was impossible either to knock the mountains to the ground].
Then the boys tied him, they tied his hands behind him and also tied his neck and his feet together. Then they threw him to the ground and there they buried him[The boys next tied him, they attached his both hands behind him jointly also made fast his neck and his feet].
In this way Cabracán was overcome by Hunahpú and Xbalanqué. It would be impossible to tell of all the things they did here on earth[In this way Cabracán was overcome by Xbalanqué in addition Hunahpú. It would be impossible to tell of every single thing they did here on earth].
Now we shall tell of the birth of Hunahpú and Xbalanqué, having first told of the destruction of Vucub-Caquix and that of Zipacná and of Cabracán, here on earth[Things being what they are we shall explain of the birth of Hunahpú and also Xbalanqué, having first justified of the rearmost destruction of Vucub-Caquix in addition the subverting of Zipacná and the dying of Cabracán, here on earth].

Source:
POPUL VUH - LatinAmericanStudies.org

References:
波波武经_百度百科
Popol Vuh - Wikipedia
Popol Vuh - Annenberg Learner

The Maya - Latin American Studies
波波爾·烏- 维基百科,自由的百科全书
上古文明三大奇书:中国山海经,玛雅波波武经,古埃及亡灵书

___________________________________________________________________________________

I. Chapter 9 (Excerpt)

This bird of ours shall be his ruin, as we Cover this bird with earth ComPletely we shall bring him down to the earth and bury him in the earth.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 19:34

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表