最后的审判 (614) 波波武经 第二部分第三章 上

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-10-27 08:39:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2021-10-28 17:07 编辑

The Book of the People: POPUL VUH
Translated into English by Delia Goetz and Sylvanus Griswold Morley
from Adrián Recino's translation from Quiché into Spanish

II. Chapter 3

THIS is the story of a maiden, the daughter of a lord named Cuchumaquic.

THIS is the legend of a maiden, the daughter of a lord named Cuchumaquic.

THIS is the name of lord.

II. Chapter 3

THIS is the story of a maiden, the daughter of a lord named Cuchumaquic[THIS is the story of a maiden, the brilliant daughter of a lord named Cuchumaquic.].
A maiden, then, daughter of a lord heard this story. The name of the father was Cuchumaquic and that of the maiden was Xquic. When she heard the story of the fruit of the tree which her father told, she was amazed to hear it[Next, a maiden, daughter of a lord just heard the memoirs. The name of the father was Cuchumaquic and that of the maiden was Xquic. At the moment that she began to listened to the legend of the fruit of the tree which her father told, she was amazed to hear it].
"Why can I not go to see this tree which they tell about?" the girl exclaimed. "Surely the fruit of which I hear tell must be very good." Finally she went alone and arrived at the foot of the tree which was planted in Pucbal-Chah["Why can I not go to observe this strange tree which they exactly describe about?" the girl jarringly exclaimed. "Surely the fruit of which I hear tell must be excellent." Finally she went alone and arrived at the foot of the tree which was being planted and deployed in Pucbal-Chah].

"Ah!" she exclaimed. "What fruit is this which this tree bears? Is it not wonderful to see how it is covered with fruit? Must I die, shall I be lost, if I pick one of this fruit?" said the maiden["Ah!" she blurted out. "What amazing fruit is this which this tree bears? Is it not exciting to catch sight of how it is covered with juicy fruitage? Must I die, shall I be lost, if I pick one of this fruit?" next said the maiden alone].
Then the skull which was among the branches of the tree spoke up and said: "What is it you wish? Those round objects which cover the branches of the trees are nothing but skulls." So spoke the head of Hun-Hunahpú turning to the maiden. "Do you, perchance, want them?" it added[Subsequently the skull which was among the bushy twigs and leaves of the tree began speaking up and expressing: "What is it you wish? Those round objects which totally immerse the branches of the trees are exclusively skulls." And so spoke the head of Hun-Hunahpú a bit turning to the maiden. "Do you, within realm of possibility, want them?" it guessed].
"Yes, I want them," the maiden answered["Exactly, I want them," the shocked maiden rejoined].

["Ah, marvelously," expressed the bizarre skull. "Stretch your right hand up here."]"Very well," said the skull. "Stretch your right hand up here."
"Very well," said the maiden, and with her right hand reached toward the skull["Beautifully," said the maiden, and with her right hand reached applying to the skull].
In that instant the skull let a few drops of spittle fall directly into the maiden's palm. She looked quickly and intently at the palm of her hand, but the spittle of the skull was not there[In a blink of eyes the strange skull let unexpectedly a few drops of spittle fall into the junior maiden's palm. She saw expeditiously and probingly in the palm of her hand, but the spittle of the skull was not in sight].

"In my saliva and spittle I have given you my descendants," said the voice in the tree. "Now my head has nothing on it any more, it is nothing but a skull without flesh["Exactly in my saliva along with spittle I have just spread you my descendants," expressed the voice among the tree. "Now my head has absolutely nothing on it any more, it is nothing but a skull without flesh among it]. So are the heads of the great princes, the flesh is all which gives them a handsome appearance[So are the heads of the exalted princes, and the flesh is nothing but which just awards them a lovesome appearance]. And when they die, men are frightened by their bones. So, too, is the nature of the sons, which are like saliva and spittle, they may be sons of a lord, of a wise man, or of an orator[And when they cease to exist, men are horrified by their bones. Given that, exactly, is the nature of the sons, which are resembling saliva and spittle, they may be sons of a lord, of an excellent wise man, or of an orator]. They do not lose their substance when they go, but they bequeath it; the image of the lord, of the wise man, or of the orator does not. disappear, nor is it lost, but he leaves it to the daughters and to the sons which he begets. I have done the same with you. Go up, then, to the surface of the earth, that you may not die. Believe in my words that it will be so," said the head of Hun-Hunahpú and of Vucub-Hunahpú[They do not lose their substance just at the same time as they go, but they extended it; the image of the lord, of the wise being, or of the keynoter does not. Disappear, nor is it lost, but he leaves it to the daughters and to the sons which he begets. I have done the same with you. Go up, then, to the surface of the earth, that you may not cease to exist. Accept in my words that it will be just the same," said the head of Hun-Hunahpú and of Vucub-Hunahpú].
And all that they did together was by order of Huracán, Chipi-Caculhá, and Raxa-Caculhá[And all that they executed in collaboration was by order of Chipi-Caculhá, Huracán along with Raxa-Caculhá].
After all of the above talking, the maiden returned directly to her home, having immediately conceived the sons in her belly by virtue of the spittle only. And thus Hunahpú and Xbalanqué were begotten[After everything of the above talking, the maiden returned in next to no time to her same home, having immediately conceived the sons just in her abdomen by spittle exclusively. As a consequence Xbalanqué in addition Hunahpú were begotten].

(To be continued)

Source:
POPUL VUH - LatinAmericanStudies.org

References:
波波武经_百度百科
Popol Vuh - Wikipedia
Popol Vuh - Annenberg Learner

The Maya - Latin American Studies
波波爾·烏- 维基百科,自由的百科全书
上古文明三大奇书:中国山海经,玛雅波波武经,古埃及亡灵书

___________________________________________________________________________________

II. Chapter 3 (Excerpt)

Then the skull which was among the branches of the tree spoke up and said: "What is it you wish? Those round objects whiCh Cover the branches of the trees are simPly skulls." So spoke the head of Hun-Hunahpú turning to the maiden. "Do you, perchance, want them at all?" it added.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 16:19

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表