最后的审判 (615) 波波武经 第二部分第三章 中

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-10-28 06:47:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2021-10-28 17:15 编辑

The Book of the People: POPUL VUH
Translated into English by Delia Goetz and Sylvanus Griswold Morley
from Adrián Recino's translation from Quiché into Spanish

II. Chapter 3 (Follow up)

And so the girl returned home, and after six months had passed, her father, who was called Cuchumaquic, noticed her condition[And so the panicky girl returned home, besides, following six months had slipped, her father, who was just named as Cuchumaquic, fixated her medical condition]. At once the maiden's secret was discovered by her father when he observed that she was pregnant[Be the time the maiden's plight was discovered by her father in the time he observed that she was indeed pregnant].
Then the lords, Hun-Camé and Vucub-Camé, held council with Cuchumaquic[Next Cuchumaquic along with the lords Vucub-Camé in conjunction with Hun-Camé, assembled a meeting].
"My daughter is pregnant, Sirs; she has been disgraced," exclaimed Cuchumaquic when he appeared before the lords["My daughter explicitly is pregnant, Sirs; on top of that, she has been in fact disgraced," yelled Cuchumaquic when he came across as being before the lords].
"Very well," they said. "Command her to tell the truth, and if she refuses to speak, punish her; let her be taken far from here and sacrifice her."["Excellent," they indicated. "Command her to tell the truth, and just assuming she resists to explain, teach her a lesson; bring her far away from this place and sacrifice her."]
"Very well, Honorable Lords," he answered. Then he questioned his daughter: "Whose are the children that you carry, my daughter?" And she answered, "I have no child, my father, for I have not yet known a youth."["Brilliant, Great Lords," he answered. Next he questioned his daughter: "Whose are the children that you carry, my daughter?" She rejoined at that time, "Strange cross-examination, I have no child, my father, being that I have not yet known a single youth."]
'Very well," he replied. "You are really a whore. Take her and sacrifice her, Ahpop Achih; bring me her heart in a gourd and return this very day before the lords," he said to the two owls['Brilliant," he fought back. "You are explicitly a whore. Jail her accompanied by sacrifice her, experienced Ahpop Achih; bring me her heart in a gourd and return this very day in front of the lords," he said to the two owls].
The four messengers took the gourd and set out carrying the young girl in their arms and also taking the knife of flint with which to sacrifice her[The four messengers took the gourd and set out bringing the explicitly pregnant young girl in their major arms, besides taking the knife of flint with which to sacrifice her].
And she said to them: "It cannot be that you will kill me, oh, messengers, because what I bear in my belly is no disgrace, but was begotten when I went to marvel at the head of HunHunahpú which was in Pucbal-Chah. So, then, you must not sacrifice me, oh, messengers!" said the young girl, turning to them[And she expressed to them: "It cannot be that you will kill me, oh, messengers, being that what I bear in my belly is no disgrace, but was begotten when I went to delight at the head of HunHunahpú which was existed in Pucbal-Chah. So, you must not reject me accompanied by sacrifice me, oh, messengers!" next said the sad young girl, besides turning to them].
"And what shall we put in place of your heart? Your father told us: 'Bring the heart, return before the lords, do your duty, all working together, bring it in the gourd quickly, and put the heart in the bottom of the gourd.'["Nowadays what will we put in place of your heart? Your father told us: 'Bring the heart, return before the lords, execute your obligation and do your job, all men busy to a large extent, bring it among the gourd quickly, and being the heart to the bottom of the gourd.'] Perchance, did he not speak to us so? What shall we put in the gourd? We wish too, that you should not die," said the messengers[Maybe, did he not speak to us so? What shall we being to the gourd? We wish too, that you should not cease to exist," said with each other the messengers].
"Very well, but my heart does not belong to them. Neither is your home here, nor must you let them force you to kill men. Later, in truth, the real criminals will be at your mercy and I will overcome Hun-Camé and Vucub-Camé["Very well, but my heart does not belong to them. Neither is your home here, nor must you just allow them make you slaughter men. Next, in reality, the offenders will be at your long-abiding mercy and I will conquer Hun-Camé and Vucub-Camé]. So, then, the blood and only the blood shall be theirs and shall be given to them. Neither shall my heart be burned before them. Gather the product of this tree," said the maiden[That being so, the blood and exclusively any blood shall be theirs and shall be given justly all to them. Neither shall my heart be excoriated before them. Bring together the yield of this tree," announced the maiden].

(To be continued)

Source:
POPUL VUH - LatinAmericanStudies.org

References:
波波武经_百度百科
Popol Vuh - Wikipedia
Popol Vuh - Annenberg Learner

The Maya - Latin American Studies
波波爾·烏- 维基百科,自由的百科全书
上古文明三大奇书:中国山海经,玛雅波波武经,古埃及亡灵书

___________________________________________________________________________________

II. Chapter 3 (Excerpt)

"Very well, Honorable Lords," he answered. Then he questioned his daughter: "Whose are the
Children that you Carry, my daughter?" And she rePlies, "I have no child, my father, for I
have not yet known a youth."
'Very well," he replied.   

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 00:36

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表