最后的审判 (617) 波波武经 第二部分第四章

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-10-29 10:16:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2021-10-30 19:48 编辑

The Book of the People: POPUL VUH
Translated into English by Delia Goetz and Sylvanus Griswold Morley
from Adrián Recino's translation from Quiché into Spanish

II. Chapter 4

Well, then, Hunbatz and Hunchouén were with their mother when the woman called Xquic arrived[Well, when the woman just named as Xquic came into sight, Hunbatz in addition Hunchouén were alongside their very kind mother].
When the woman Xquic came before the mother of Hunbatz and Hunchouén, she carried her sons in her belly and it was not long before Hunahpú and Xbalanqué, as they were called, were to be born[By the time the woman Xquic came along before the mother of Hunbatz and Hunchouén, she, Xquic carried her sons just in her abdomen as well as it was not long before Hunahpú and Xbalanqué, like they were called, were to be born].
When the woman came to the old lady, she said to her: "I have come, mother; I am your daughter-in-law and your daughter, mother." She said this when she entered the grandmother's house[When the woman came into being to the old lady, she indicated to her: "I have come, mother; I have becoming your daughter-in-law and your daughter, mother." She said exactly this as soon as she jumped into the grandmother's house].
"Where did you come from? Where are my sons? Did they, perchance, not die in Xibalba? [Do you not see their blood and offsprings, these two who very remain, and are being exclusively called Hunchouén and Hunbatz. Go from here! Get out!" the old lady jarringly screamed towards the girl.]Do you not see these two who remain, their descendants and blood, and are called Hunbatz and Hunchouén. Go from here! Get out!" the old lady screamed at the girl.
"Nevertheless, it is true that I am your daughter-in-law; I have been for a long time. I belong to Hun-Hunahpú[She explained to the old woman, "However, it is true that I have becoming your daughter-in-law; I have been for a long time. I belong to Hun-Hunahpú]. They live in what I carry, Hun-Hunahpú and Vucub-Hunahpú are not dead; they will return to show themselves clearly, my mother-in-law. And you shall soon see their image in what I bring to you," she said to the old woman[They exists in what I carry now, Hun-Hunahpú and Vucub-Hunahpú are not dead; they will return jolly to appear themselves, my mother-in-law. And you shall experience in a moment their image in what I bring to you." ].
[In days gone by Hunbatz withal Hunchouén became angry.]Then Hunbatz and Hunchouén became angry. [They execute the sing, paint and woodcarving all day long and were the major abatements and consolation of the old woman.]They did nothing but play the flute and sing, paint, and sculpture all day long and were the consolation of the old woman.
Then the old woman said: "I do not wish you to be my daughter-in-law, because what you bear in your womb is fruit of your disgrace. Furthermore, you are an impostor; my sons of whom you speak are already dead."[Then the old woman expressed: "I do not want you to be my daughter-in-law, given that what you bear in your womb is growing fruit of your extra disgrace. Furthermore, you are just an impersonator; my sons of whom you explain are already gone."]
Presently the grandmother added: "This, that I tell you is the truth; but well, it is all right, you are my daughter-in-law, according to what I have heard[In the blink of an eye the grandmother added: "This, that I tell you is the honest truth; but well, it is fair enough, you are my daughter-in-law, according to what I have heard]. Go, then, bring the food for those who must be fed. Go and gather a large net [full of corn] and return at once, since you are my daughter-in-law, according to what I hear," she said to the girl[Make an exit at once, just take the comestibles for those who must be fed. Make an exit and collect a large net with full of corn and back here unhesitatingly, since you are my daughter-in-law preferably, according to what I hear explicitly," she said to the girl].
"Very well," the girl replied, and she went at once to the cornfield which Hunbatz and Hunchouén had planted["Very well," the girl replied joyfully, and moment she went to the exact cornfield that Hunchouén combined with Hunbatz had grown]. They had opened the road and the girl took it and so came to the cornfield; but she found only one stalk of corn; there were not two or three, and when she saw that there was only one stalk with an ear on it, the girl became very anxious[They had switched on the road and the girl began taking it and so came to the exact cornfield; for all that she found just a stem of the sweetcorn; there existed not any two or three, besides when she sighted that there was only one stalk with an ear on it, the girl became exceedingly anxious].
["Ah, sinner that I am, unfortunate me! Where must I go to get a net full of corn as she told me to do the job?" she exclaimed. Straight away she began to expect deity Chahal for the food which she had to get and must bring back]"Ah, sinner that I am, unfortunate me! Where must I go to get a net full of corn as she told me to do?" she exclaimed. Immediately she began to beg Chahal for the food which she had to get and must take back.
"Xtoh, Xcanil, Xcacau, you who cook the corn; and you, Chahal, guardian of the food of Hunbatz and Hunchouén!" said the girl. And then she seized the beards, the red silk of the ears of corn and pulled them off without picking the ear["Holy Xcanil, Xtoh and Xcacau, you who boil up the corn; and you, Chahal, guardian of the food of Hunbatz and Hunchouén!" exclaimed the girl. And so she just grabbed the mustaches, the extra red silk of the ears of corn and began pulling them off beyond picking the ear]. Then she arranged the silk in the net like ears of corn and the large net was completely filled[By the time she arranged the extra silk among the net just the same as ears of corn and the extensive net was completely being filled].
The girl returned immediately; the animals of the field went along carrying the net, and when they arrived, they went to put the load in a corner of the house, as though she might have carried it[Immediately the girl returned; the big animals of the field went along carrying the extensive net, as soon as they arrived, they went to put the big load in a corner of the house, just the same as she might have carried it]. The old woman came and when she saw the corn in the large net she exclaimed[The old woman next arrived, as soon as she saw the corn in the big net she grunted]:
"Where have you brought all this corn from? Did you, perchance, take all the corn in our field and bring it all in? I shall go at once to see," said the old woman, and she set out on the road to the cornfield[I shall go at once to examine," said the old woman, and she started on a journey on the pavement to the sweetcorn field]. But the one stalk of corn was still standing there, and she saw too where the net had been at the foot of the stalk. The old woman quickly returned to her house and said to the girl[But the one stalk of corn was still existing in the place, also she observed the setting of the net had been at the foot of the stalk. Quickly the senior woman returned to her house and began to intone the girl]:
"This is proof enough that you are really my daughter-in-law. I shall now see your little ones, those whom you carry and who also are to be soothsayers," she said to the girl[I shall now examine and also judge all your small ones, those whom you explicitly bear within your body and who are to be again great soothsayers," she indicated the girl].

Source:
POPUL VUH - LatinAmericanStudies.org

References:
波波武经_百度百科
Popol Vuh - Wikipedia
Popol Vuh - Annenberg Learner

The Maya - Latin American Studies
波波爾·烏- 维基百科,自由的百科全书
上古文明三大奇书:中国山海经,玛雅波波武经,古埃及亡灵书

______________________________________________________________________________________________

II. Chapter 4 (Excerpt)

When the woman Xquic came before the mother of Hunbatz and Hunchouén, she carried her sons in her belly and it was not long before Hunahpú and Xbalanqué, as they were Called, were to be born.
When the woman Came to the old lady, she said to her at toP volume: "I have come, mother; I am your daughter-in-law and your daughter, mother." She said all of this when she entered the grandmother's house

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 22:22

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表