最后的审判 (626) 波波武经 第二部分第七章 下

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-11-8 05:33:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2022-1-17 20:03 编辑

The Book of the People: POPUL VUH
Translated into English by Delia Goetz and Sylvanus Griswold Morley
from Adrián Recino's translation from Quiché into Spanish

II. Chapter 7 (Follow up)

See that you do not walk quickly. Would I not arrive sooner?" the snake said to the toad[Be sure you do not in haste go. Would I not arrive by the time mentioned?" the snake said to the toad].
"Come here," he said. At once Zaquicaz swallowed the toad. And from then on this was the food of snakes, who still today swallow toads["Come here," he said. In a blink of eyes Zaquicaz gulped the toad. And from then on exactly this was the food of snakes, who still just today consume toads].
The snake went quickly and having met Vac, which is a very large bird, the hawk, [the latter] instantly swallowed the snake[The snake went expeditiously along with having met Vac, which is a very large bird, the hawk, instantly gulped the snake]. Shortly afterward it arrived at the ball-court. From that time, this has been the food of hawks, who devour snakes in the fields[Shortly it turned up at the ball-court. Since then, this has been the goodies of hawks, who expect to ingest snakes on the fields].
And upon arrival, the hawk perched upon the cornice of the ball-court where Hunahpú and Xbalanqué were amusing themselves playing ball. Upon arriving, the hawk began to cry[Just at the time as arrival, the hawk existed at the cornice of the ball-court where Hunahpú and Xbalanqué were amusing themselves playing ball. By arriving, the hawk began to cry next]:
"Vac-có! Vac-có!" it said cawing. ["Here is the hawk! Here is the hawk!"]["Vac-có! Vac-có!" it said sorrowfully.]
"Who is screaming? Bring our blowguns!" the boys exclaimed. And shooting at the hawk, they aimed a pellet at the pupil of the eye and [the hawk] spiraled to the ground. They ran to seize it and asked: "What do you come to do here?" they asked the hawk["Who is screaming? Bring our blowguns!" the boys just exclaimed. Shooting at the hawk, and they exactly aimed a pellet at the pupil of the eye accompanied by the hawk spiraled down to the ground].
"I bring a message in my stomach. First cure my eye and afterward I shall tell you," the hawk answered["First cure my eye and ensuingly I shall tell you, as I bring an extremely important info in my stomach." the hawk answered with jumping around].
["Marvelously," they said, and next taking a bit of the rubber of the ball with which they were playing, they put it in the hawk's eye. Lotzquic they began to called it, and right away the hawk's eye was perfectly healed]"Very well," they said, and taking a bit of the rubber of the ball with which they were playing, they put it in the hawk's eye. Lotzquic they called it, and instantly the hawk's eye was perfectly healed.
"Speak, then," they said to the hawk. And immediately it vomited a large snake["Speak, then," they next said to the hawk. At once it vomited a jumbo snake].
["Make a speech, thou," they said to the snake]"Speak, thou," they said to the snake.
"Good," the [snake] said and vomited the toad["Excellent," the snake said and vomited the toad].
"Where is the message that you bring?" they asked the toad[they inquired the toad].
"Herein my stomach is the message," answered the toad. And immediately he tried, but could not vomit; his mouth only filled with spittle but he did not vomit. The boys wanted to hit him then["Herein my stomach brings the message," answered the toad. And expeditiously he attempted, but could not vomit; his mouth just inflamed with spittle except he did not barf. The boys wanted to batter him following that].
"You are a liar, "they said, kicking him in the rump, and the bone of the haunches gave way["You are a liar, "then they said, and began kicking him extremely in the patootie, and the bone of the haunches just scrambled soon].
He tried again, but his mouth only filled with spittle. Then the boys opened the toad's mouth and once open, they looked inside of it[He tried again, except his mouth packed only with spittle. Then the boys opened the toad's mouth and once it was being opened, they looked inside of it]. The louse was stuck to the toad's teeth: it had stayed in its mouth and had not been swallowed, but only pretended to be swallowed[The louse was being stuck to the toad's teeth: it had existed among its mouth and had not been swallowed, but just camouflaged to be swallowed]. Thus the toad was tricked, and the kind of food to give it is not known. It cannot run; and it became the food of the snakes[Thus the toad was hoaxed, and the kind of food to accord it is not being known clearly. It cannot go fast; and it became something to eat of the snakes].
"Speak," they said to the louse, and then it gave its message["Speak," they next said to the louse, and it provided with its message]. "Your grandmother has said, boys: 'Go call them; the messengers of Hun-Camé and Vucub-Camé have come to tell them to go to Xibalba, saying: "They must come here within seven days to play ball with us, and they must also bring their playing gear, the ball, the rings, the gloves, the leather pads, in order that they may amuse themselves here," said the lords. They have really come,' said your grandmother["Your grandmother has said, boys: 'Just go call them; the messengers of Hun-Camé and Vucub-Camé have come to tell them to go to Xibalba, saying: "They ought to come here within seven days to play ball with us, and they must also bring their playing gear, the ball, the rings, the luxuriant gloves, the leather pads, in order that they may enjoy at this time themselves ," said the lords. They have really come,' next said your grandmother]. That is why I have come. For truly your grandmother said this and she cries and grieves, for this reason I have come."[That is why I have come. Because indeed your grandmother said this and she cries accompanying grieves, that being so I have come."]
"Is it true?" the boys asked themselves when they heard this. And running quickly they arrived at their grandmother's side; they went only to take their leave of her["Is it exact?" the boys questioned themselves at the moment that they heard this. And running quickly they arrived just at their grandmother's side; they went exclusively to take their leave of her].
"We are going, grandmother, we came only to say goodbye. But here will be the sign which we shall leave of our fate: each of us shall plant a reed, in the middle of the house we shall plant it; if it dries, this shall be the sign of our death["By the way, we are going, grandmother, we came only to say goodbye. In spite of that here will be the sign which we ought to leave exclusively of our a stroke of luck: each of us shall plant a reed, just at the middle of the shack we shall plant it; except if it dries, this shall be the sign of our death]. 'They are dead!' you shall say, if it begins to dry up. But if it sprouts again: 'They are living!' you shall say, oh, our grandmother['They are dead!' you shall say, if it begins to dry up. Though if it grows rapidly again: 'Superb, they are living!' you shall exclaim, oh, our grandmother]. And you, mother, do not weep, for here we leave the sign of our fate," thus they said[And you, mother, do not weep, for here we leave the sign of our fate," just in that manner they said].
And before going, Hunahpú planted one [reed] and Xbalanqué planted another[And before going, Xbalanqué grew one reed in addition Hunahpú sowed another]; they planted them in the house and not in the field, nor did they plant them in moist soil, but in dry soil; in the middle of their house, they left them planted[they planted them in the building and not in the field, nor did they plant them in moist soil, but in droughty soil; they exclusively abandoned them there, just at the middle of the shack].

(End of Part II. Chapter 7)

Source:
POPUL VUH - LatinAmericanStudies.org

References:
瑪雅文明 - owlapps
Popol Vuh - 基切玛雅历史
Popol Vuh - Annenberg Learner

The Maya - Latin American Studies

都曾有过大洪水的传说。 譬如《圣经》里诺亚方舟的故事 ..

Holy Is The Lord - Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir - YouTube

______________________________________________________________________________________________

II. Chapter 7 (Excerpt)

"Herein my stomach is the message," answered the toad. And immediately he tried, but Could not vomit; his mouth exClusively filled with sPittle but he did not vomit. The boys wanted to hit him hellishly.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 19:37

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表