查看: 3868|回复: 0

最后的审判 (793) 毗湿奴往世书 第一部第十六章

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-7-28 15:13:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 日月同辉有其中 于 2022-7-30 15:53 编辑

The Vishnu Purana Book I  
translated by Horace Hayman Wilson [1840]

CHAP. XVI.

Inquiries of Maitreya respecting the history of Prahláda.

MAITREYA.--Venerable Muni, you have described to me the races of human beings, and the eternal Vishńu, the cause of this world; but who was this mighty Prahláda, of whom you have last spoken; whom fire could not burn; who died not, when pierced by weapons; at whose presence in the waters earth trembled, shaken by his movements, even though in bonds; and who, overwhelmed with rocks, remained unhurt. I am desirous to hear an account of the unequalled might of that sage worshipper of Vishńu, to whose marvellous history you have alluded. Why was he assailed by the weapons of the sons of Diti? why was so righteous a person thrown into the sea? wherefore was he overwhelmed with rocks? why bitten by venomous snakes? why hurled from the mountain crest? why cast into the flames? why was he made a mark for the tusks of the elephants of the spheres? wherefore was the blast of death directed against him by the enemies of the gods? why did the priests of the Daityas practise ceremonies for his destruction? why were the thousand illusions of Samvara exercised upon him? and for what purpose was deadly poison administered to him by the servants of the king, but which was innocuous as food to his sagacious son? All this I am anxious to hear: the history of the magnanimous Prahláda; a legend of great marvels. Not that it is a wonder that he should have been uninjured by the Daityas; for who can injure the man that fixes his whole heart on Vishńu? but it is strange that such inveterate hatred should have been shewn, by his own kin, to one so virtuous, so unweariedly occupied in worshipping Vishńu. You can explain to me for what reason the sons of Diti offered violence to one so pious, so illustrious, so attached to Vishńu, so free from guile. Generous enemies wage no war with such as he was, full of sanctity and every excellence; how should his own father thus behave towards him? Tell me therefore, most illustrious Muni, the whole story in detail: I wish to hear the entire narrative of the sovereign of the Daitya race.

Source:

The Vishnu Purana: Book I: Chapter XVI - Sacred Texts

References:

Vishnu - Wikipedia

Puranas - Wikipedia
毗湿奴往世书_百度百科
往世书(古印度文献)_百度百科
毗湿奴(印度教主神)_百度百科

往世書- 維基百科,自由的百科全書
The Vishnu Purana Index - Sacred Texts
往世书选译2:毗湿奴二十二化身 - 知乎专栏

MOST POWERFUL MYSTERIOUS TEMPLES IN INDIA
古印度宗教经典:往世书(Purana)什么内容? - 趣历史

Most Beautiful Song of Lord Vishnu Ever - Achyuta Ashtakam

________________________________________________________________________________________

The Vishnu Purana Book I

(In other words)
MAITREYA.--Venerable Muni, you have described to me the races of human beings, and the eternal Vishńu, the cause of this world; but who was this mighty Prahláda, of whom you have last spoken; whom fire could not burn; who died not, when pierced by weapons; at whose presence in the waters earth trembled, shaken by his movements, even though in bonds; and who, overwhelmed with rocks, remained unhurt and safe. I am thirsty to hear an account of the unequalled mightiness of that sage worshipper of Vishńu, to whose great legend you have alluded. Why was he assailed by the weapons of the sons of Diti? why was a so second to none person thrown into the sea? and why in the world was he overwhelmed with incredible rocks? why bitten by venomous snakes? why hurled from the mountain crest? why cast into the flames in that area? why was he made a bright-coloured mark for the tusks of the elephants of the spheres? and wherefore was the blast of death directed against him by the enemies of the gods? and why did the priests of the Daityas practise ceremonies for his destruction? why were the thousand illusions of Samvara exercised upon him? and for what purpose was poison deadly administered to him by the servants of the king, at the same time which was undisruptive as food to his sagacious son? All this I am absolutely anxious to hear: the history of the magnanimous Prahláda;

(Gathering the shaded letters above)
The first name is green. The second and third names are brick red. And the last name is blue.

The Vishnu Purana Book I

CHAP. XVI.

Inquiries of Maitreya respecting the history of Prahláda.

MAITREYA.--Venerable Muni, you have described to me the races of human beings, and the eternal Vishńu, the cause of this world; but who was this mighty Prahláda, of whom you have last spoken[MAITREYA.--Venerable Muni, you have outlined to me the genera of human beings, and the eternal Vishńu, the executor of th
is integral world; just the same who was this exceptional Prahláda, of whom you have spoken last time]; whom fire could not burn; who died not, when pierced by weapons[whom fire could not ignite; who died not, at the time being doubtfully run through by old-fashioned weapons]; at whose presence in the waters earth trembled, shaken by his movements, even though in bonds; and who, overwhelmed with rocks, remained unhurt[at whose being present amid the waters earth constantly trembled, exceedingly shaken by way of his jarring movements, despite in sort of snags or bonds; and who, approximately overwhelmed because of big rocks, remained strangely uninjured]. I am desirous to hear an account of the unequalled might of that sage worshipper of Vishńu, to whose marvellous history you have alluded[Further I am blazing to examine an account of the unobjectionably supreme strength of that divine worshipper of Vishńu, to whose extraordinary times past you have talked of]. Why was he assailed by the weapons of the sons of Diti[Why was he being ambushed surprisingly by the old-fashioned gear of the sons of Diti]? why was so righteous a person thrown into the sea? wherefore was he overwhelmed with rocks? why bitten by venomous snakes? why hurled from the mountain crest? why cast into the flames[why was a so honorable human being thrown into the ocean? for what reason was he approximately overwhelmed with big rocks? and why bitten by objectionable maleficent snakes in days of yore? why plunged boldly from out of the higher ground apex? for which reason being let fly into the flames]? why was he made a mark for the tusks of the elephants of the spheres? wherefore was the blast of death directed against him by the enemies of the gods[why was he begat a marking for the tusks of the elephants of the globoids? wherefore was the blast of death exceptionally aimed against him through the objectionable enemies of the gods]? why did the priests of the Daityas practise ceremonies for his destruction? why were the thousand illusions of Samvara exercised upon him? and for what purpose was deadly poison administered to him by the servants of the king, but which was innocuous as food to his sagacious son? All this I am anxious to hear: the history of the magnanimous Prahláda; a legend of great marvels[why did the big name priests of the Daityas engage ceremonies toward his extirpation? why were the thousand illusions of Samvara being brought into play within him? and furthermore for what purpose was dangerous powder being administered to him by the servants of the king, were it not for the fact that which was innoxious as kind of gastronomy to his judicious and informed son? All this I am really anxious to hear: the history of the obliging Prahláda; a typical legend of abundant marvels]. Not that it is a wonder that he should have been uninjured by the Daityas; for who can injure the man that fixes his whole heart on Vishńu? but it is strange that such inveterate hatred should have been shewn, by his own kin, to one so virtuous, so unweariedly occupied in worshipping Vishńu[Not that it is kind of a big wonder that he should have been uninjured through the Daityas; for who can harm the man that fixes his spot-free heart on Vishńu? and just the same it is kind of strange that so fundamental disgust should have been heretofore shewn, by his own family members, to one so good, so exhaustively absorbed in the middle of belauding Vishńu]. You can explain to me for what reason the sons of Diti offered violence to one so pious, so illustrious, so attached to Vishńu, so free from guile[You can explain totally to me for what reason the sons of Diti shamelessly and illegally offered violence to a human being so devout, so of high standing, so affixed to Vishu, so clean out of mendacity]. Generous enemies wage no war with such as he was, full of sanctity and every excellence[Majority of the normal enemies wage no feud to that one as he existed in days gone by, with abounding in godliness and every eminence]; how should his own father thus behave towards him? Tell me therefore, most illustrious Muni, the whole story in detail: I wish to hear the entire narrative of the sovereign of the Daitya race[how ought his own father moreover to behave facing him? On the grounds of this the most big-name Muni, explicate me the wonderful legend from beginning to end: and I enjoy to hear the complete story of the sovereign of the Daitya race].

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The Vishnu Purana Book I CHAP. XVI.

why did the priests of the Daityas practise ceremonies for his destruction? why were the thousand illusions of Samvara exercised upon him? and for what purpose was deadly poison administered to him by the servants of the king, but whiCh was innoCuous as Perfect food to his sagacious son?

(In short)
Ruin CCP.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 21:38

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表