[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

论坛元老

热心会员

积分
发表于 2006-6-18 00:56:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
刚从女儿学校收到的有关高中生每年要准备的东东,俺整理以下,希望对这里的朋友有帮助。先声明,女儿学校去年没人去Harvard,所以不一定对非 Harvard不上的人有用。女儿学校强调学习成绩,可能是书呆子多,去Harvard就少。看了她们的senior PSAT成绩(2004考的),60个毕业生,25个在top 1%,50个在top 5%。女儿个性文静,不太喜欢参加学校的其他活动,俺也就不指望名校了。:(.

Freshman year:

1.Resume preparation. 1st version. Keep updating in for the future years.

2.Early involvement in community serviceand school clubs.Tese will help develop passions and interests.

3.Never be too early to search for scholarships
www.fastweb;www.collegezone.com; www.scholarship.com; www.collegeboard.com; www.wirescholar.com; www.lunch-money.com; www.petersons.com; www.fastaid.com/fastap.index.asp; www.srnexpress.com/index.cfm;www.freschinfo.com; www.finaid.org/scholarships/unusual.phtml.

4.Get acquainted with school counselor

Sophomore Year

1.Persnal growth: begin to identify personal abilities, aptitudes and interests.question to ask: what are my natural abilities? How do I learn best? What do I enjoy doing? At what have I been successful? What school environment is right for me?...

2.Participation in extracurricular activities:Deepth of involvement is most important because it shows focus and commitment.

3.Search for scholarship.

4.PSAT/PLAN?

5.Establish connection with school counselors.

Junior Year

1.Use the resource in counselor's office

2.????uate your participation in extracurricular activities: Happy? Aspiring to any leadership positions?Any clubs to start still?...

3.Attend those Brown Baggers (not sure what it is. :() They are offered to help you through the college planning process.

4.Keep contact with your school counselor--timely announcement and reminders to help you 'on track" for college applications and scholarships.

5.Parents should read College Zone Newsletter (i am not sure about other school, should have similar material). Read this together with your kids.

6.Go to www.collegeboard.com and www.act.org, preparing for SAT and/or ACT tests.

7.Build outside interests and demonstrate commitments.

8.Continue work hard in classes (Of course, :).)

9. Complete PSAT, a practice for SATI.

10.Search for scholarships.

11.The formalizing college counseling process begins during the spring semester.

Senior Year

1.Upgrated resume and turn into Students Service Office.

2.Read emials from your counselor about announcements, reminders and deadlines.

3.1st semester grades are critical and will be sent to colleges.

4. An accurate list of your sppring semester courses will be given to colleges.

5.Watch for scholarships.

6. Use college websiteto search for merit-based aids

7.Give teachers appropriate paperwork for recommendation letters.

8.Begin filling your college application and turn in paperwork to Students Service Office by Dec. 1.

9.Don't forget to release your standardized test scores to college from the respective testing agencies.

10.Check wether the colleges in your list requiresthe CSS profile form to be processed for financial aid?

11. The FAFSA con't be processed unitl next year. Check www.fafsa.ed.gov for detail.

If anybody has more to add, please keep adding.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 20:18

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表