积分

高级会员

热心会员

积分
发表于 2008-6-26 11:37:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
介绍了家具牌子,下面先谈一下应该去哪一类家具。当然这需要量力而行。有一篇文章讲得不错:

Do it yourself and save a bundle.
Budget: <= $1,000 for everything
Calling all craftspeople out there. You’re creative? Live on furniture you fashioned yourself! If you’re really serious about going cheap, leave your mark with cardboard crafted items, recycled fabrics and wooden boards. Cardboard or moving boxes go for $3.00 to $5.00 a piece. But it’s free if you ask for it from Fedex, as we’ve seen. Buy the basic ingredients and make your own. You can be as extreme as you want to be.

If you have a bare bones budget, then limit your purchases and buy used.
Your Budget: ~$2500 to furnish your house
You can get used items for $10 or $20 a pop. I’ve gone this route before, when I furnished the first apartment I ever lived in. I went to garage sales were I picked up:
Bookshelves for $10 each.
A mattress for $20.
A bunch of framed pictures for a $1 each.
Posters went for $0.50.
My apartment was very livable and I don’t believe people noticed the gently used items and my home’s more austere surroundings…

Still have a tight budget? Go to discount stores.
Budget: ~$5,000 to furnish your house
How about new, made to assemble furniture from Target or IKEA? You can also try the do it yourself route with furniture kits from discounted places. You may want to prioritize function over style. If you’re responsible for your own materials, you may decide to pass on the authentic woods with the higher quality finish to keep costs down.

Have some money to spare? Go retail.
Budget: $10,000 - $25,000 to furnish your house
Raise your budget somewhat and check out retail stores. Most people will visit Levitz, JC Penney and Macy’s for their needs. You won’t go wrong by doing so and will probably get good deals for entire room sets especially when they go on sale.

Custom crafted can go either way.
Budget: Variable
Outsource the building of your furniture by designing your own and have someone else make it, or have someone else do it all for you. Prices are variable in this area because it all depends on who’s crafting the pieces. If your neighbor is a skilled woodworker or cabinet maker, you may get a good price in this regard. Hire anyone with a name and watch the prices soar.

Buy from catalogs but prepare to spend.
Budget: ~$10,000/room
You can step up quite a bit by buying furniture through catalogs. There are some cool sources out there such as Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Ballard Designs. Spend more and you’ll get the likes of Horchow, if they’re your style. Beware though, at this point, sales don’t make as much of a dent on the prices and furniture is often sold as singles to extract the most from your pocket.

If you have the money, go top of the line with brand names and solid reputations.
Budget: ~$20,000/room
When you have arrived, you may want to decide to stretch your budget further and may be interested in high end works such as Thomasville or Ethan Allen or bump it up with Henredon, Century, Bernhardt and the like.

The world is your oyster, buy the stuff that actually appreciates.
Budget: $200,000/room
Genuine restored fine European antiques may actually hold their prices or are rumored to appreciate in value with time. At these price points, you’ll need to be insuring your property as well. Unless you’re prepared to spend the equivalent cost of a brand new car on a single table, then it’s best just to find inspiration from the authentic designs and hunt for decent reproductions.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|阿波罗网

GMT+8, 2024-8-21 05:24

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表