|
来源:新东方在线
What are you trying to say?(你到底想說什麼?)
Don't be silly.(別胡鬧了。)
How strong are your glasses?(你近視多少度?)
Just because.(沒有別的原因。)
It isn't the way I hoped it would be.(這不是我所盼望的。)
You will never guess.(你永遠猜不到。)
No one could do anything about it.(眾人對此束手無措。)
I saw something deeply disturbing.(深感事情不妙。)
Money is a good servant but a bad master.(要做金錢的主人,莫做金錢的奴隸。)
I am not available.(我正忙著)
Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.(腦中的知識比手中的金錢更重要)
Never say die.it's a piece of cake.別泄氣,那只是小菜一碟。
Don't worry.you'll get use to it soon.別擔心,很快你就會習慣的。
I konw how you feel.我明白你的感受。
You win some.you lose some.勝敗乃兵家常事。
Don't bury your head in the sand.不要逃避現實。
I didn't expect you to such a good job.我沒想到你幹得這麼好。
You are coming alone well.你做得挺順利。
She is well-build.她的身材真棒。
You look neat and fresh.你看起來很清純。
You have a beautiful personality.你的氣質很好。
You flatter me immensely.你過獎啦。
You should be slow to judge others.你不應該隨意評論別人。
I hope you will excuse me if i make any mistake.如有任何錯誤,請你原諒
It was most careless ofme.我太粗心了。
It was quite by accident.真是始料不及。
I wish i had all the time i'd ever wasted,so i could waste it all over again.我希望所有被我浪費的時間重新回來,讓我再浪費一遍。
I like you the way you were.我喜歡你以前的樣子。
You two go ahead to the movie without me,i don't want to be a third wheel.你們兩個自己去看電影吧,我不想當電燈泡。
Do you have anyone in mind?你有心上人嗎?
How long have you known her?你認識她多久了?
It was love at frist sight.一見鍾情
I'd bettle hit the books.我要複習功課啦。
a piece of one's mind.直言不諱
He gave me a piece of mind,"Don't shift responsibility onto others."他責備道:“不要把責任推卸到別人身上。”
a cat and dog life 水火不容的生活
The husband and his wife are always quarrelling,and they are leading a cat and dog life.這對夫婦老是吵架,相互之間水火不容。
a dog's life 潦倒的生活
The man lived a dog's life.這個人生活潦倒。
A to Z 從頭至尾
I know that from A to Z.我很了解這件事。
above somebody 深奧
Well,this sort of talk is above me.我不懂你們在講什麼。
all ears全神貫注地傾聽著
When you tell Mary some gossip,she is all ears.跟Mary講一些小道消息,她會聽地仔仔細細。
all the more 更加,益發
You'll be all the better for a holiday.度一次假,對你會更有好處。
all dressed up打扮得整整齊齊
She is all dressed up and nowhere to go.她打扮得整整齊卻無處炫耀。
all in all總的說來;最心愛的東西
The daughter is all in all to him.女兒是他的無價寶。
all out竭盡全力
They went all out.他們鼓足了幹勁。
all over 全部結束;渾身,到處
Glad,it is all over.這事全部結束了,好得很。
I'm wet all over.我渾身都濕了。
all set 準備就緒
He is all set for an early morning start.他已做好清晨出發的一切準備。
all you have to do需要做得是
All you have to do is to calm yourself down and wait for the good news.你需要做得是靜下心來等好消息。
as easy as falling of a log/as easy as snapping your fingers/as easy as ABC容易得很
To me,a good story teller,it would be as easy as falling of a log.
對我來說,講個故事還不是隨手拈來。
as busy as a bee非常忙
Mum is always as busy as a bee in the moring.媽媽每天早上都忙得不可開交。
at one's fingertips 了如指掌
How to get at that little island is at his fingertips.他知道怎麼去那個小島。
at one's wit's end 智窮
Don't ask him.It is also at his wit's end.不要問他了,他也不知道。
big shot大人物,大亨
He is a big shot in our little town.
black sheep 敗家子,害群之馬
Every family has a black sheep.家家有本難念的經。
black and blue 遍體鱗傷
The thief was caught of red-handed and beaten black and blue.那個小偷當場被抓住並被打得青一塊紫一塊的。
black and white 白紙黑字
The proof is in black and white and the murderer has no any excuses.證據確鑿,凶手再也無話可說。
blind alley 死胡同
You are heading into a blind alley.你正在鑽牛角尖。
blow hot and cold 搖擺不定
This guy seemed to have no own idea.He always blew hot and cold.這傢伙好象沒什麼主張,總是搖擺不定。
blow one's own trumpet 自吹自擂
Don't blow your own tumpet.Let us see what on earth you can do.不要自吹自擂了,讓我們看看你到底能做什麼。
born with a silver in one's mouth 出生在富貴人家
He is born with a silver in one's mouth.他是含著金鑰匙出生的。
bland new嶄新的
a bland new coat 新衣服
break the ice 打破沉默
The couple hadn't spoken to each other for a week.They were both waiting for the other one to break the ice.這對夫婦已經一個星期沒說過話了。兩人都在等另一方先開口。
by a blow 無意中的一擊
He is beaten to the ground by a blow.他被擊到在地。
can't stand it any longer 不能再忍受了
I can't stand it any longer,I quit.我再也忍受不了了,我走。
carry something too far 過火了
You are carrying your joke too far.你玩笑開得太過分了。
castle in the sky 海市蜃樓
You plan is nearly a castle in the sky.你的計劃簡直就是空想。
cats got one's tongue 啞口無言
chain smoker老煙槍
come up with產生,想出
Let me come up with some ideas.讓我想一想。
come easily 容易
Languages come easily to some people.有些人能夠很容易地掌握語言。
cup of tea 喜歡
Movies are not my cup of tea.我不喜歡看電影。
cut it out停止,住嘴
Cut it out!I can't stand you any longer.
call it a day不再做下去,停止(某種活動)
Let us call it a day,stop.這一天工作夠了,停工吧! dark horse 黑馬
Nobody considered that John would win the game.He was a dark horse in the final.
dear John letter 絕交信
Jack received a dear John letter from his girlfriend because he had broken her heart.
do somone good 對某人有好處
Having some moring exercises does you good.
Do you get me? 你明白我的意思嗎?
doesn't count這次不算
It doesn't count this time,try again.
doesn't make sense 不懂;沒有任何意義
|
|